Pope Francis will consecrate the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
(08-13-2013, 12:38 AM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 12:01 AM)karl Wrote: Russia?

Russia's part of the world, I guess.  But... I wonder how important it is that Russia specifically be mentioned.  I am not a fatima expert.... maybe someone like Tim could weigh in.

Didn't JPII already do this?

Yep, and Pius XII before him. OL did not ask for the world to be consecrated, she asked that Russia be consecrated, in union with all the world's Bishops. I wonder when we will have a Pope who will just do as She asked instead of pussyfooting around? :eyeroll:
(08-13-2013, 03:43 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 12:38 AM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 12:01 AM)karl Wrote: Russia?

Russia's part of the world, I guess.  But... I wonder how important it is that Russia specifically be mentioned.  I am not a fatima expert.... maybe someone like Tim could weigh in.

Didn't JPII already do this?

Yep, and Pius XII before him. OL did not ask for the world to be consecrated, she asked that Russia be consecrated, in union with all the world's Bishops. I wonder when we will have a Pope who will just do as She asked instead of pussyfooting around? :eyeroll:

Perhaps the Pope doesn't want to single out Russia because it might offend the Russian Orthodox.
Yeah, boo on the pope. He should not consecrate anything if he is not going to mention Russia specifically. In fact, he shouldn't even pray until he is ready to start getting down to real work, i.e. whatever is on my list for him to do  . . .
Oh, and while we are on this topic, maybe what we should be praying for is for the Russian Orthodox Patriarch to consecrate the Unites States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy, to mention a few, by name and for the sin of apostasy, to the Theotokos. With Putin present at his side.

Absurdly, this is more likely.
(08-13-2013, 07:48 AM)maldon Wrote: Yeah, boo on the pope. He should not consecrate anything if he is not going to mention Russia specifically. In fact, he shouldn't even pray until he is ready to start getting down to real work, i.e. whatever is on my list for him to do  . . .

Cool sarcasm but it's misplaced broski. This isn't just a whimsical personal wish. It's a command from the Queen of Heaven and earth. And yeah, it's good to consecrate the world but something more important has to be done. Consecrating Russia comes first.
"all ecclesial entities of Marian spirituality” are invited to take part in this Marian day, a gathering which includes, on the 12th,

???
(08-13-2013, 01:31 AM)Basilios Wrote: Not sure whether to be happy or annoyed?

Happy because this is a good sign and a very traditional thing to do. The world needs it. But...

Annoyed because yet again Our Lady's request is being ignored, and a human substitute is in it's place. Humans know better than Our Lady Queen of Heaven and Earth! Though I do remind myself that perhaps this constant delay has something to do with the 3rd secret.

Anyway, 2017 is coming soon so. Guess we shall all see!

What if his plan is, at the last moment, to say some along the lines of 'I consecrate the world, but especially Russia...'  Would that fulfill the criteria correctly?
(08-13-2013, 08:28 AM)Melkite Wrote: What if his plan is, at the last moment, to say some along the lines of 'I consecrate the world, but especially Russia...'  Would that fulfill the criteria correctly?

Not unless he is joined in consecrating Russia by all the world's Bishops.
(08-13-2013, 08:51 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 08:28 AM)Melkite Wrote: What if his plan is, at the last moment, to say some along the lines of 'I consecrate the world, but especially Russia...'  Would that fulfill the criteria correctly?

Not unless he is joined in consecrating Russia by all the world's Bishops.

God made it clear to Samuel that he expects his commands to be carried out as per specific instruction, there is no room for humans to define what will suffice. The Consecration of the world is not what was specifically requested;

In front of an apparition of the holy trinity.... “Then Our Lady said to me: ‘The moment has come when God asks the Holy Father to make, in union with all the bishops of the world, the Consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, promising to save it by this means.

So, either His Holyness feels the consecration has been done, which I doubt, because according to Father Gruner, as a cardinal he expressed his support for Father Gruner, wrote him, and has a history of devotion to the message of our Lady.

Or it is the first of many steps in the holy fathers own strange way of meeting his objectives

Or he knows he will not get the support of the Bishops and does not want to risk the collateral damage to the church by declaring any who don't participate are excommunicated, thereby ensuring its successful conclusion.

Regardless, it is clear that hardened hearts cannot see reason, and fear the world more than god.