Pope Francis will consecrate the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
(08-13-2013, 12:08 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: Coming up with "ways to fullfill the prophecy" is where I draw the line with private revelations. Sorry, I don't buy into the NUTTY TRAD theory that we must excommunicate all who don't comply.  :LOL:

It's not excommunication for not complying with private revelation. It's excommunication for being a disobedient Bishop who can't follow a simple task. Anyway I don't think excommunication is the answer but jus sayin' brah.

Why do you make a point that it's private revelation as if it invalidates it? The Church has not only confirmed the apparition but it's pretty much one of the biggest cults of Our Lady ever - which the Church approves. Just because it is private doesn't make it any less of a revelation. I know that strictly you aren't bound to believe, but that's your funeral. If it's approved and such a big part of Marian devotion, why on earth wouldn't you believe?

That fact is that Our Lady appeared and requested something. The Church has said that this indeed is true. So, if she requested something, we should do it. Simples.
(08-13-2013, 12:08 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: Coming up with "ways to fullfill the prophecy" is where I draw the line with private revelations. Sorry, I don't buy into the NUTTY TRAD theory that we must excommunicate all who don't comply.  :LOL:

Friend, it won't be your opinion that matters, nor mine. It's not about this world.  Bishops who would purposely withhold their participation due to potential geopolitical consequences don't understand what the institution of the church is. The church would be better served if they went to the United Nations where they belong.
Its the Papal rope-a-dope! He's acting all modernist like making 'em think they've got him where they want him, then POW! He gonna do that consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary right before their unbelievin' eyes. Somehow he's gotta get the faithful bishops in on it and trick the unfaithful ones into doing it or get rid of em beforehand. But yeah...that's the ticket. Maybe I shouldn't be writing this...don't want to tip his hand.

It would be a huge surprise - a pleasant one at that - if it were so.

I can dream cant I?
(08-13-2013, 12:15 PM)Basilios Wrote:

It's not excommunication for not complying with private revelation. It's excommunication for being a disobedient Bishop who can't follow a simple task. Anyway I don't think excommunication is the answer but jus sayin' brah.

Why do you make a point that it's private revelation as if it invalidates it? The Church has not only confirmed the apparition but it's pretty much one of the biggest cults of Our Lady ever - which the Church approves. Just because it is private doesn't make it any less of a revelation. I know that strictly you aren't bound to believe, but that's your funeral. If it's approved and such a big part of Marian devotion, why on earth wouldn't you believe?

That fact is that Our Lady appeared and requested something. The Church has said that this indeed is true. So, if she requested something, we should do it. Simples.

Exactly! It's about obedience
(08-13-2013, 12:10 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 12:06 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: yes, but the private revelation also doesn't say "excommunicate everyone who doesn't comply".  That's a TRAD NUTTY LEGALISTIC interpretation.   :LOL:

I can live with being known as a nutty trad when I face my judgment...  

Amen to that!!!!
i just want to say that i support those of you who hold the consecrationalist faith.  you have a right to your beliefs just like anyone else.  i'm glad that you still identify as catholics.  it's nice to think of you that way.
I kind of want to see what Tim's take is on this whole thing. He knows a lot about Fatima.

I seem to remember that all that is required is that the pope tells all the other bishops to do the consecration with him. If they do not actually follow through, that is their problem, but the consecration still happens (or do at least some of the bishops at least have to go along? I can't remember).

Based on this, I think that it could work if, at the last minute, he tells the bishops "Oh by the way, I'm consecrating Russia tomorrow," and tells them to do it also.

The way I see it, he has to know that the world has already been consecrated before. It does not seem that he thinks that those past consecrations fulfilled the prophecy, because he is deciding to do it again. I doubt that he is going to do the same thing over.
(08-12-2013, 11:34 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/08...-will.html

In response to the desire of Holy Father Francis, the Statue of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima, venerated in the Little Chapel of Apparitions, will be brought to Rome on October 12/13 to be present at the Marian Day promoted by the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization. On October 13, next to the Statue of Our Lady, Pope Francis will make the consecration of the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Thank you for the link. The world has already been consecrated, right?
I am wondering why has Russia not been consecrated by itself?  Thanks. This is a bit confusing.
(08-13-2013, 12:36 PM)guacamole Wrote: i just want to say that i support those of you who hold the consecrationalist faith.  you have a right to your beliefs just like anyone else.  i'm glad that you still identify as catholics.  it's nice to think of you that way.

Maybe it's me, but most of the time, I don't get what you're trying to say.
(08-13-2013, 02:10 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 12:36 PM)guacamole Wrote: i just want to say that i support those of you who hold the consecrationalist faith.  you have a right to your beliefs just like anyone else.  i'm glad that you still identify as catholics.  it's nice to think of you that way.

Maybe it's me, but most of the time, I don't get what you're trying to say.

I think that was a left-handed compliment?