Poll: Does the FE forum have a lot of trolls?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Trolls
I was only building a case around the word provoke in her definition. That should be the whole purpose of a forum.

The next paragraph was my rambling which I should have started with, "However, I agree with you on the rest"
I work in an industry where we ignored all of the "provacateurs" who attacked the industry with unsound science, rhetoric, and worst case scenario fear mongering. It was ignored until the provocative voices had build consensus amongst the population, because there was no voice to counteract it anywhere.  What could have been crushed with logic and pragmatic reason festered to a point that it became a cause of public opinion. 

If you believe in your cause and have your facts to defend your position, you should do so, never ignore it. It does not work, in business or in faith.
I'm posting it here and in the original, sorry folks me no speaky de english to goods. hehhe

I don't know what is going on with my laptop it skips words as I type or something. I edited the run on sentence below to what I intended but perhaps more than I originally typed. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

To me a "real troll" is not the ever expanding definition used by some, to include any one not as anal retentive as they are, and or that doesn't make their case like the bane of humanity the "slightly bright" that must show see every iteration, or they don't get it,  and then get angry with folks which can go from the premise and poof arrive at zed in one stroke.

see the original if you want the full scoop.

tim titivillus
(08-14-2013, 11:54 AM)guacamole Wrote: well, a number of people have said i was trolling so there must be something to it.  at the very least, i have troll-like tendencies.

maybe i will just share recipes in the health, food, drink and tobacco subforum.  food and health are serious interests of mine, anyway.

i guess i've made any points i needed to make.  don't want to beat it to death.  i might pop in to discussions about the faith if i can help or have real questions, but otherwise, i'll be in health, food, drink and tobacco.

You're no troll Guacamole!  And if anyone thinks otherwise they can take it up with me. Please stay.
(08-14-2013, 12:53 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: You're no troll Guacamole!  And if anyone thinks otherwise they can take it up with me. Please stay.

thanks, chris!  i'm still here!  just shifting focus and ratcheting down, but i'm not going away.
(08-14-2013, 10:22 AM)lumine Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 02:51 AM)Basilios Wrote: Worst troll on the forum is Vox Clamantis.

I think I am finally getting your sense of humor, or shall I spell that as humour?

It's humour, and yes you are finally getting it.

I'm the classic internet definition of a troll at times. But because of that, it's self-parody and hence ignored.

The real trolls around here dive-bomb threads with their bullshit NO nonsense, pontificate, accuse others, and then act all innocent when you bite back and start the process all over again. They also tend to favour the whole "Well if this is what traditionalism is like then I don't want it!" kinda thing. They also act obtuse a lot of the time.
(08-14-2013, 01:18 PM)Basilios Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 10:22 AM)lumine Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 02:51 AM)Basilios Wrote: Worst troll on the forum is Vox Clamantis.

I think I am finally getting your sense of humor, or shall I spell that as humour?

It's humour, and yes you are finally getting it.

I'm the classic internet definition of a troll at times. But because of that, it's self-parody and hence ignored.

The real trolls around here dive-bomb threads with their bullshit NO nonsense, pontificate, accuse others, and then act all innocent when you bite back and start the process all over again. They also tend to favour the whole "Well if this is what traditionalism is like then I don't want it!" kinda thing. They also act obtuse a lot of the time.

Are we allowed to say bullsh-t?   Shocked
(08-14-2013, 12:58 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 12:53 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: You're no troll Guacamole!  And if anyone thinks otherwise they can take it up with me. Please stay.

thanks, chris!  i'm still here!  just shifting focus and ratcheting down, but i'm not going away.

You add spice to the debates, to use a food metaphor.
Entertained and Safe

This thread must be the 'Back-to School' mystery special.
People are quick to sound the troll alarm whenever someone holds on to an opinion they don't like.

Like how someone got loudly and publicly voted off of FE for not being a good boy and recanting his opinion that full-contact football and auto-racing over 60mph are needlessly dangerous.

Most of the career trolls have left FE or reformed.