Ideological-Theological Spectrum of Self-Identified Catholics
(08-15-2013, 04:34 PM)Basilios Wrote: Somewhere between Traditionalist and Radical Traditionalist. Probably exactly halfway. I'm SSPX in Union with Rome under Ecclesia Dei.

There is no Radical Traditionalist on the list.....

Edited to add:  Scratch that above comment of mine...I was having a senior moment...
(08-15-2013, 06:21 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 04:34 PM)Basilios Wrote: Somewhere between Traditionalist and Radical Traditionalist. Probably exactly halfway. I'm SSPX in Union with Rome under Ecclesia Dei.

the ones you're thinking of might be uv-a. sedevacantists, right?  home-aloners?
(08-15-2013, 06:47 PM)guacamole Wrote:

the ones you're thinking of might be uv-a. sedevacantists, right?  home-aloners?

No, I didn't see the whole thing.  I had a long day, what can I say...
(08-15-2013, 06:49 PM)lumine Wrote:

so you must be too far to the left, sweety.  :awww:
I don't like the chart!  It groups stuff together in strange ways.  I like both Forms of the Latin Rite of Mass, so there!  I am not fond of EWTN and I prefer the current Catechism over the Baltimore.  I don't think there are ambiguities in the Vatican II Documents.  They are written in a way that promotes higher level thinking (remember that phrase from your college days, anyone?)  More later.....have to finish cleaning up after supper...."
(08-15-2013, 06:58 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 06:49 PM)lumine Wrote:

so you must be too far to the left, sweety.  :awww:

My wife says that I am too far to the right...hahahahahaha
lumine, it sounds to me like you are conservative, leaning traditionalist, and your wife may be a whacko liberal.
(08-15-2013, 07:02 PM)guacamole Wrote: lumine, it sounds to me like you are conservative, leaning traditionalist, and your wife may be a whacko liberal.

Well, according to this chart, anyway, Guacamole.  Have I said yet that I love guacamole and plain, fresh avacados (es?)
You've got me pegged.

I also love chanting, especially Gregorian.  I do like "Gather Us In" (don't hate me too much) and I also love Anima Christi Sanctifica Me, polyphony usually.  I am not ultramontane, however when you are Catholic the Pope is the final authority. I do wear the brown scapular, and have been invested/enrolled by my pastor.  I love the Liturgy of the Hours and I do have my own Baronius Press 1962 Roman Missal. I pray the Rosary as regularly as I can, and yes I do pray the Luminous Mysteries sometimes. I love going to daily Mass(Novus Ordo) and I do go to an EF Mass on Sundays.  Currently I am reading "No Man Is An Island" by Thomas Merton.  Make what you will out of all of that, anyone.

Oh, and my favorite Credo to chant is Credo III......
(08-15-2013, 07:02 PM)guacamole Wrote: ... and your wife may be a whacko liberal.

:O :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(08-15-2013, 04:12 PM)RedCaves Wrote: Where do you fall?

[Image: TradCatholicSpectrum_zps53d3d74d.jpg]

I'm somewhere between Conservative and Traditionalist, with 1-2% purple color.

This reminds me of the Electromagnetic Spectrum! :D

Showing my ignorance here...under Conservative Catholic:  RNC