Rhode Island bishop regrets failure to stop same-sex marriage
http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=18748

Where to begin, where to begin.......
i'll start at the very beginning (a very good place to start).

part of the traditional definition of marriage is that it is (1) for life and (2) open to life.  these bishops long ago stopped opposing liberal divorce laws and annulment standards and stopped preaching against contraception.

when you let the ball roll down hill, it's gonna keep rollin'.  make sense, your excellencies?   :idea:

but i guess there are other factors at play when it comes to tickin' off the "normal people" ($).

count me cynical.
Yah, if you haven't noticed already....count me cynical too.
(08-17-2013, 08:27 AM)guacamole Wrote: i'll start at the very beginning (a very good place to start).

part of the traditional definition of marriage is that it is (1) for life and (2) open to life.  these bishops long ago stopped opposing liberal divorce laws and annulment standards and stopped preaching against contraception.

when you let the ball roll down hill, it's gonna keep rollin'.  make sense, your excellencies?   :idea:

but i guess there are other factors at play when it comes to tickin' off the "normal people" ($).

count me cynical.

THIS!!!!!!

Off-topic, but, gosh, from looking at that link, it seems as if CatholicCulture needs another $21,736 to pay this MONTH'S expenses of 30K. I wonder how they actually get that sort of money, which they ask for all the time. They must have some really rich friends, 'cause their web traffic isn't THAT much greater than FE's (acc. to Quantcast, their's is 4 times mine, but they're not "Quantified" And I get my traffic without links from all the kewl Catholic sites, like Catholic.com, and every other neo-con Catholic blog out there, etc.). I guess that means I should be making $7500 a month from this site. Bwahahahaha! 

HOW do they DO it?

Did you notice that only their donors (paying customers) were allowed to leave comments?
Though i believe Bishop Tobin is orthodox , he needs to continually remind sinners that abortion , contraception, homosexual marriage and other moral ills will send you to HELL, a barrage continually of billboards and radio/tv spots would do. Vatican 2 with the evils of the modernist/liberal crowd in the church is what destroyed church influence and these so-called Catholics love it that way. Anyway even if the Bishop was the only orthodox Catholic in the state he should still be shouting from the housetops the TRUTH as scripture says.