I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-18-2013, 08:49 AM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 08:33 AM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 07:26 AM)2Vermont Wrote: I will read this more closely, but I was going to go and modify my other post.  I have serious doubts about the validity of the NO.  And, I have learned that if one has doubts about the validity of a sacrament one must not go.  I believe this is something Innocent XI said.
Trust me, I don't like it but I am having a very hard time believing that NO is the work of God's hands lately. 

You are treading down a very dangerous path and in doing so, you are putting your soul in danger.  I am frustrated by many aspects of the NO also, but to doubt its validity is something I will not do.  Prudence?  Yep.  The manner in which it is often celebrated?  Most definitely.  Validity?  No. 

I told you before that you wouldn't have to read between the lines to tell whether or not I thought you were doing too far with something.  Well, you are. 

Many of you have the TLM every week.  I do not. It's easy to tell someone who doesn't have access to the TLM that I should go to the NO no matter. 

Actually, I would be willing to bet that most of us do not have the TLM every week.  Speaking for myself, I don't have an TLM within 2 hours of me, in any direction.

The bottom line is that you either accept that the NO Mass, while imperfect, is still valid; or, you come to the conclusion that we have been lied to by the past three popes, or that they are not popes at all. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by Sant Anselmo - 08-18-2013, 12:32 PM