I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-18-2013, 04:31 PM)JoniCath Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 10:50 AM)SaintSebastian Wrote: The Ottaviani intervention was actually written by  group of twelve theologians and priests under the direction of Archbishop Lefebrve, and then they asked Cardinals Ottaviani and Bacci to give it to the Pope.  The Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith ruled the critique to be exaggerated, inaccurate, and false.  As Basilios pointed out, afterward, Cardinal Ottaviani felt the concerns were adequately addressed and he accepted and encouraged all to accept the new rite as Catholic, explicitly affirming its doctrinal integrity (and affirming it was guaranteed by the Pope and Church).  Some claim that he was fooled into saying his concerns were addressed because he was old and blind, but those same people claim he was sharp and able to make his own judgments when he endorsed the critique of the other group.  I don't see how one can have it both ways.

I would like some documentation of your post. Where did you hear this. Please give us a link.

Yes, please do because the link here at fisheaters about this letter has this following it:

Editor's note about the above document:

When studying the issues involved in the new liturgy, you may come across the assertion that Cardinal Ottaviani signed a document retracting his words above. But here is what happened, as recounted at www.traditio.com

A purported letter of February 17, 1970, supposedly with the Cardinal's signature, was adduced to prove the story. However, by that date it is known that the Cardinal, then 80, was totally blind and would not have known what he was signing when presented with the purposed letter by his secretary, Msgr. Gilberto Agustoni. [Ed. Agustoni was later made Bishop, then Cardinal, by John Paul II]

Now it has come to light that this Agustoni [Ed. along with his brother, Fr. Luigi Agustoni] was a member of the Consilium which that fabricated the "New Mass" and which the Arch-Architect of the New Order service, Hannibal Bugnini, led. At the time, Jean Madiran, the editor of the respected French journal Itineraires, publicly accused Agustoni of obtaining the Cardinal's signature by fraud. As a result, Agustoni was fired as the Cardinal's secretary.

So, it seems that Agustoni insinuated his way into becoming the Cardinal's secretary and in that position created a fraud in an attempt to undermine the Cardinal's public document, which questioned the validity of the New Order service, by a phony "retraction," which Agustoni had himself written with others. In any case, co-author Antonio Cardinal Bacci and the Roman theologians never "retracted," in any manner, shape, or form the devastating document, which they courageously published.

So, unless someone can provide proof that this Cardinal retracted his statements and decided that the New Mass was suddenly Catholic again, I tend to believe the above.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by 2Vermont - 08-18-2013, 05:11 PM