I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-19-2013, 01:56 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 01:54 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 01:51 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 01:45 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: I can provide an example of what attacking you as a person instead of your argument looks like, but I would very much prefer not to as that is not something I enjoy doing, particularly with people of good will, as I believe you to be.

sorry, but that's just lousy.  :eyeroll:

Its somehow wrong that I would prefer not to attack a person, in particular people that I believe are of good will?

it was your implied threat, of course.  and your supercilious attitude.  it reeks.

It was not a threat at all, or at least it was not intended to be.  Everyone single person here is capable of attacking the person rather than the argument should they choose to.  I choose not to with her for a variety of reasons.  Chief among them as that I really do believe that she is a person of good will.  In addition, 2Vermont and I have a history that goes back a while, back to when we were on CAF and were trads together getting attacked on all sides by liberal and modernist Catholics who went out of their way twist everything we said.  We have had many conversations, very good conversations between us, during that time and I have prayed for her consistently and I am confident that she has prayed for me as well.  My intent was to help her understand the difference, not threaten her.  I know that she is frustrated by things, but I also know that she is smart enough to view my comments in the context of our history and judge them in that way.  I am also aware of conversation that we have had between us in private, where I have assured her that if I have a problem with her as a person, I will let her know directly.  I trust that 2Vermont remembers that and will see my larger points.   

However, since it is obvious that this statement can be taken the wrong way, I am happy to go back and amend it. 

You on the other hand are a different story.  First of all, you don't know a damn thing about me or my motivations for saying anything, so you only make yourself look like an idiot when you talk about them.  Secondly, and more broadly, you have added little if anything since you showed up on this forum outside of you chiding people to be nice and get along.  I do not believe you to be a person of good will.  You repeatedly behave like a pollyanna-ish bliss ninny with a strong dose of holier than thou thrown in to boot.  Your track record of jumping into the middle of conversations which have a long history that you know nothing about is annoying, and your go to move of chiding people and telling everyone to be nice, suggests you to be little more than a troll with no intent in having serious conversations on the Faith, or no capability to do so.  In short, you are pretty much wasting everyone's time here.  Perhaps you should check out CAF.  They love to show everyone how Christ-like they are through the exercise of false charity. You'll fit right in.

Thanks for giving me the perfect opportunity to highlight the differences I was referring to.  Enjoy CAF. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by Sant Anselmo - 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM