I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-19-2013, 02:08 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: Slightly related ... growing up I was at alot of masses where the matter used invalidated the Secret...bread mixed with honey and other things. I learned later that these additives made the matter for the Sacrament invalid...so no consecration and no Real Presence. I was born in 69, and on 70s and 80s, this was rampant in the US. Might still be in N.O. circles.

So what I'm saying is the notion that alot of people are not really worshipping and receiving Our Lord in the Eucharist isn't so crazy as ya might think.

Agreed.  That is why I predicated my statements by making the qualification above that there were no abuses in the Mass and that there was proper intent.  I should have added valid matter of course.  You are entirely correct in that. 

There is a parish in our diocese which has been baking bread for their Mass for years and years.  Bread baking is an actual liturgical ministry that they advertise.  I have serious doubts as to whether anyone in that parish has received the Eucharist in some time. 

Thanks for pointing that out.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by Sant Anselmo - 08-19-2013, 02:18 PM