I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-19-2013, 03:26 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 02:08 PM)DustinsDad Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 12:58 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 12:37 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 11:54 AM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 05:36 PM)2Vermont Wrote: You know, I'm not sure these are the only possibilities.  I haven't considered it long enough.  But I will say that I find it hard to believe that after seeing 50 years of the fruits of this mass that anyone can believe that it is of God. 

So millions of Catholics have been unknowingly worshiping mere bread and wine every time they have gone to Mass or Eucharistic Adoration for the past 50 years?  There is no reason to get upset about EMHC's or treating the Eucharist with disrespect because hey, it isn't Jesus anyway right?   Those pictures of the Eucharist being passed around in a plastic cup at WYD are ultimately meaningless since it wasn't a valid Mass in the first place.   

OK, so now your posts just seem rude with the sarcasm.

I was not being sarcastic at all.  Not even in the slightest.  If you do not believe in the validity of the Mass. then you must believe at least the first point, and you have no legitimate reason to be concerned about the second two. 

Slightly related ... growing up I was at alot of masses where the matter used invalidated the Secret...bread mixed with honey and other things. I learned later that these additives made the matter for the Sacrament invalid...so no consecration and no Real Presence. I was born in 69, and on 70s and 80s, this was rampant in the US. Might still be in N.O. circles.

So what I'm saying is the notion that alot of people are not really worshipping and receiving Our Lord in the Eucharist isn't so crazy as ya might think.

So, are we to believe that most NO parishes use such bread and so most NO parishes don't have the Eucharist?

I don't know how you got that from my post. I have no idea what bread most N.O. churches are using these days...just that I saw alot of this stuff growing up in the ol felt banner days of yesteryear. If your parish is using homemade crumbly bread that appears levened and tastes sweet like it has honey or something in it, you might want to ask your priest about it (this may be more frequent in ''teen'' or charismatic circles). If they are using the standard white round hosts, there'd be no reason to suspect invalid matter.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by DustinsDad - 08-19-2013, 05:55 PM