I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-19-2013, 05:48 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 04:44 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 01:45 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: For someone to believe that the Mass of Paul VI is invalid, they must also believe that millions of Catholics have not really been receiving the Eucharist since its promulgation. 

Not true if you consider it valid, but illicit.  I know that is not what I originally suggested, but I think I see the NO more like I see the Orthodox Church's liturgy. The OC liturgy may be valid, but it is illegitimate.  I think this would better express my latest feelings about it.

I'm not following your reasoning on this.  Others have already responded in basically the same way I was considering, so I will look to your response to their posts. 

I guess my point was if valid, but illicit, the Eucharist is still confected.  I know that most here don't question either the validity or the licitness, but I was just pointing out that the results would be different if only illicit (ie. people would have been receiving the Eucharist since its promulgation).

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by 2Vermont - 08-19-2013, 06:31 PM