I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-20-2013, 08:52 AM)Melchior Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 08:39 AM)2Vermont Wrote: What exactly in the Mass relates to "natural law"?  And if nothing in the Mass relates to "natural law" then Pope Pius V must have been referring to something else otherwise he wouldn't have used the word unlawful.  Notice he also specifically mentions even if there is an indult by the Apostolic See.  So apparently there are limits to the power of the Pope in regards to the Mass.  Pope Pius V is talking about something much more than minor changes to the Mass that do not change the meaning or essence of the Mass.  Paul VI completely overhauled the Mass by making it more palatable to the Protestants.  Protestants.  Pope Pius V codified the Latin Rite as a counter attack to Protestantism.  I can't get this out of my head.

Sincere question here; do you believe that as the Successor of Peter, that whatever the Pope binds and looses on Earth will be bound and loose in Heaven?  I'm getting the sense here that you might not.

I agree with it in matters other than faith and morals.  We know that the Pope can not bind and loose anything he wants.  He can not contradict doctrine.  Even the Pope has limits.  The Mass is the greatest prayer of the Church for hundreds and hundreds of years.  It is not mere Canon Law.  It has more to do with doctrine than discipline (lex orandi, lex credendi).  Pope Paul VI radically changed it.  This is unprecedented.

I found this and thought it was a good explanation of what we are talking about here (and I'm pretty sure these guys are not sedes, so I think it is okay to post):

http://www.traditioninaction.org/Questio...Primum.htm

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by 2Vermont - 08-20-2013, 09:07 AM