I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae
(08-20-2013, 09:35 AM)2Vermont Wrote: I'll answer that with an excerpt from another link from the same site:

The reason given for why one Pope can always reform the decision of previous Popes is not applicable to this case. It only applies to those reforms that do not change the substance of the sacraments and the Mass. However, Paul VI changed the substance of the Mass when he changed the formulas of the Canon from Latin to the vernacular, allowed different Canons to be said, hid the sacrificial character of the Mass, gave a different meaning to the Eucharist, and presented a Protestant interpretation to the whole of the Mass in opposition to what had been established by St. Pius V. Therefore, Paul VI frontally defied the sentence of St. Pius V, going far beyond the limits of his authority [for more on this topic, click here]. Hence the reason alleged by the Congregation of the Worship when applied to the New Mass is erroneous.

There's a key line here; "It only applies to those reforms that do not change the substance of the sacraments and the Mass".  I suppose that's the rub; do you believe the *substance* of the Mass changed?  If you did, then I can understand where you are coming from.  However if you do believe this, as someone said before, you're saying every Mass is invalid, plus denying Matthew 16.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm first finding this: Letter on Novus Ordo Missae - by Melchior - 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM