Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it
(08-18-2013, 03:51 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 12:38 AM)Whitey Wrote:
(08-17-2013, 04:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Sorry, but I'm a Catholic who believes the Dogmas defined by the Ecumenical Councils:

Right, we all should. Question : So if pope Francis cannonizes JPII are you going to acknowledge JPII is a saint ?

As I have noted several times before, yes, I will. Francis is Pope and canonisation is an infallible act. That doesn't mean that I will invoke him or encourage devotion to him. I have repeatedly said that canonising John Paul would be a prudential error of glaring magnitude, but the decision to do so or not is far above my pay grade.

This is where I differ.  This would be more than a prudential error in my opinion and therefore I would have a very difficult time assenting.  Since as a Catholic I am required to do so, it brings a lot more into question for me if a pope canonizes a man who has done so much against the Traditional Faith of the Catholic Church.  I'm not sure how any traditional Catholic would be able to just call it a "prudential error".  Are there any other canonized saints who did things against the Faith (after conversion to the Faith)?  Are there any canonized popes who did things against the Faith?  And, to be clear, I am NOT speaking of sinning.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it - by 2Vermont - 08-18-2013, 06:57 AM