Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it
(08-20-2013, 02:16 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 12:42 PM)Tim Wrote: Miriam, I have seen more than one priest that doesn't want the folks to recite the Pater Noster and that was Pope Pius XII's addition. The priests must lead the way just like it says in Vatican II. They must teach us the Latin responses and the chanting. My thoughts are if they chant the Gloria, Credo, Suscipiat, Sanctus, and the Pater Noster they will get over themselves.

Did you misunderstand me? Or did I mis-communicate?

(I did say that I sing along with the choir, when the choir sings the Latin responses, and at no other times, out of respect for the celebrant.)

Yep, it was more I wanted to say more and not contra what you said. More "and" than "instead" of what you wrote. Sorry didn't mean to sting you.

Chris Ferrara in a Church Militant video spoke directly to why the neo-con falls in line. First he has invested his life in these changes and no one wants to admit this is a failure. Second the modernists within the Sanctuary has changed stuff drip, drip, drip, and he has been conditioned to go with every new change. The last reason we can't get through to them, is many of them hold to the faith, and practice devotions, have large good families, and being invested in the new springtime, wonder why we are pissing and moaning. It comes down to the meta-physics as a braniac told me. That's before they analyze the facts, because of their pre-disposition, they're not going to believe the conclusion.

As far as the silent Low Mass, when we get back to packed Churches like before Vatican II, they'll have three or four every morning including Sunday before the sung Masses. Right now it's two Masses per Sunday, it was eight before this cataclysm. But even back then folks would respond if they knew the Latin at 5:00 am.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it - by Tim - 08-20-2013, 03:24 PM