Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it
(08-20-2013, 05:12 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 05:09 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 04:51 PM)lumine Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 02:04 PM)2Vermont Wrote: This rings so true to me.  I can no longer sit in the pew, shut up and settle in for yet another change.  Sitting in the (NO) pew has been an occasion of sin for me.

Hi 2Vermont, you have my curiosity.  How many Novus Ordo changes have you lived through?  How has sitting through the Novus Ordo, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, been an occasion of sin for you?  Did you go to Mass before 1969?  I have been to many reverent Novus Ordo Masses, so I am having a hard time identifying with you.  Perhaps you will enlighten me.  I'm not baiting you here, ok?

Thanks, Lumine

You sure do sound like you're baiting me, but I'll respond initially.  My husband will always find something wrong at a NO Mass...ALWAYS (and as much as I would argue with him at the time, I now see that more times than not he is absolutely right).  There was a time when I had NO ISSUES with the NO at all (and I am a convert so I never attended Mass prior to 1969).  I find that, since reading up on Traditional Catholicism, I am more aware and pick up on things that I wouldn't pick up on in the past. When I go to a NO Mass now, I pray to God that the priest won't say something heretical or questionable.  Right before the homily, I am anxious.  The last NO mass I went to was blatantly heretical when the deacon offered a homily about how all religions worship the same God and how we're all destined for Heaven.  Since attending the TLM when I can, the difference is just so palatable in every way. Bottom line, the connection with the NO mass and VII are just too close for comfort.  It makes sense that since I have issues with VII that it spills over into mass.

Thanks for your answer.  Did your husband grow up actively Catholic, or is he a convert, too?

Yes, he was baptized a Catholic as an infant.  He has sensed something wrong in the Catholic Church for years.  He's just recently become very vocal about it.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Francis is shaking things up, and the Conservatives don't like it - by 2Vermont - 08-20-2013, 05:14 PM