2 Priests Robbed on Church Grounds; Defiant Priest says "Shoot me"
(08-18-2013, 09:49 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I'd rather our priests train in real world defense tactics such as Krav Maga (developed in the streets during world war II and is the official fighting sysystem of the Israeli army), Kali/Escrima (filipino hand to hand/weaponsbcombat) or RAT (navy seals...rapid assault tactics)

That'd be superior. The idea is they could disarm and subdue their attacker without killing them. The world is so changed, they attack priests. I also admit the martial arts I mentioned are from reading Eric Lutbader novels in the 90's.

tim
"And to him that striketh thee on the one cheek, offer also the other. And him that taketh away from thee thy cloak, forbid not to take thy coat also." Luke 6:29 :readrules:
(08-18-2013, 10:37 PM)eschera Wrote: "And to him that striketh thee on the one cheek, offer also the other. And him that taketh away from thee thy cloak, forbid not to take thy coat also." Luke 6:29 :readrules:

I'm glad that someone else brought this up first.
Hey, Tim and I are following the rules! All people should be able to defend themselves against attackers. Disarming and subduing is very much apart of real world combat. Do you not think that Police Officers are able to easily destroy someone in a fist fight? Of course they can. They are trained to disarm and subdue. Didn't Saint Nicholas punch a heretic? Weren't the Knights Templar badasses?
Oh yeah...Tim, just in case you don't know this already but Kali (eskrima, escrima, pakamut, panatukan, etc...) was the martial art of choice for the Bourne Identity movies. Pretty cool stuff!