Christie joins the dark side
i think that the church should teach more about (1) the vocation to single life in the world and (2) friendship, rather than only forbidding genital activity between those of the same sex.  gay catholics who want to accept the teaching of the church need to see something other than a black void when they contemplate their future.

i like to think i'm a good friend to my gay friend keith, but he has a boyfriend anyway.  at least they're not married yet, huh?
These politicians would sell their mothers into slavery to win an election.
i'm sure political considerations played a part, but maybe christie really thinks conversion therapy is harmful.
(08-19-2013, 06:21 PM)guacamole Wrote: gay catholics who want to accept the teaching of the church need to see something other than a black void when they contemplate their future.

Game over, guacamole wins
Quite frankly, I was never surprised that Chris Christie would do such a thing. Contrary to those conservatives who gush over the man, he is a moderate a la Mitt Romney (how else could be elected governor of a liberal state such as New Jersey)? Seriously, Do you want a "Catholic" president who says that "My religion says it's a sin. I mean, I think--but for me I don't--I've always believed that people are born with the predisposition to be homosexual"?  :crazy:

In 2016, I'll be voting for Rand Paul over any candidate, but especially Chris Christie.
catholicism teaches that detraction is a sin, but many traditional catholics on internet forums do it anyway and justify it.

catholicism also teaches that missing mass on sundays is a sin, and many traditional catholics will miss mass if their only viable option is the novus ordo missae.

so . . . i'm not buying the "shock, shock!" that a catholic would flout catholic moral teaching.

i guess it depends on what sins bother you the most.  and that depends on your ideology, not your catholicism.

in other words . . .

[Image: 252364_303628859751445_634012587_n.jpg]
oops.  did i just troll again?  :doh:
I always thought that was sucjh a stupid saying.  Seriously.  Some people choose to sin by raping children.  Some choose to sin by committing murder.  Let's not "judge" those people!
(08-20-2013, 09:34 AM)HotRod Wrote: I always thought that was sucjh a stupid saying.  Seriously.  Some people choose to sin by raping children.  Some choose to sin by committing murder.  Let's not "judge" those people!

Do you really believe it is your place to judge those people?
Nah, we shouldn't judge them, more precisely condemn them, explaining it's sinful is different. More since most Bishops are on extended vacations on Venus, the planet of love,  it falls to us to make sure the lines do not get blurred. Conversion therapy doesn't work and maybe it's cruel so let's not do that, but perversion isn't an identity, it's well disordered perversion.

The homosexuals, and the rest of their cabal,  and their identity organizations, let out a howl when the eugenics crowd were looking for the gene which causes homosexuality. They saw clearly and sharply, modern millie the maybe mommy would rip that baby boy out of her womb in a NY second, because it's against nature.
Not that millie understands but she operates on feelings anyway.

I love when the Dynasts' Philanthropies create paradox like this one. On the one hand they can rid the world of many of the perverse, and on the other hand they'll exterminate their most faithful and useful idiots. Kinsey must be rolling in laughter on the floor of hell. Poor David Rockefeller and all his enviro-maniacs their plan to reduce the world population to 500 million has hit another kink.

tim