Christie joins the dark side
(08-20-2013, 09:59 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 09:34 AM)HotRod Wrote: I always thought that was sucjh a stupid saying.  Seriously.  Some people choose to sin by raping children.  Some choose to sin by committing murder.  Let's not "judge" those people!

Do you really believe it is your place to judge those people?

No, which is why I put judge in quotes.  However, the usage of judge in the original piece of hallmark card nonsense, is the moden definition that says proclaiming sinful things as sinful, is passing judgement. 

Calling a spade a spade is no judging. 

And even if someone does judge people, lets "not judge them becasue they sin differently than us" right? 
mmm.  well.  i prefer the holy gospel, hotrod.  that's what will save me.  jesus (god made man) says to focus on our own sins.  i think i'll listen to him. 
I agree with HotRod and Guacamole.  How's that for diplomatic? Although there is nothing wrong with judging actions, her saying did make me think about my own behavior. It is a reminder that we all sin.
We have a right and a duty to object to Christie's scandolous dissent from Catholic moral teaching in public office (and of the politicians like him who consider themselves Catholic), the sinful orientation of homosexuality, and the actual sin of homosexual acts.

Obama's re-election, in my opinion, was a signal that Americans, including the Republican Party, do not care about moral conservative issues, and Christie knows it.
(08-20-2013, 05:26 PM)guacamole Wrote: mmm.  well.  i prefer the holy gospel, hotrod.  that's what will save me.  jesus (god made man) says to focus on our own sins.  i think i'll listen to him. 

Stop judging me.
(08-20-2013, 09:41 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: We have a right and a duty to object to Christie's scandolous dissent from Catholic moral teaching in public office (and of the politicians like him who consider themselves Catholic), the sinful orientation of homosexuality, and the actual sin of homosexual acts.

Obama's re-election, in my opinion, was a signal that Americans, including the Republican Party, do not care about moral conservative issues, and Christie knows it.

If you've listened to the talking heads they all agree the R's must change meaning drop the life issues or be a party of the past. And W with Rove dreamed up faith based initiatives, and the Evangelical they put in charge explained after he left how the idea was laughed at internally by the administration. People that believe in the life issues are being culled from the herd.

tim

tim