Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

:crucifix:  J.M.J.  A.M.D.G.  F.V.T.

A quick reminder to all on FE that Thursday, August 22, 2013 is the Feast Day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Twice, during World War II, Pope Pius XII had Consecrated the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

It was also during World War II that Pope Pius XII, who called himself “the Pope of Fatima”, decreed that the entire Roman Catholic Church was to celebrate the Feast Day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary every year on August 22 which had been the octave day of the  Feast Day of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Most Catholics today should be familiar with the fact that when Our Lady appeared at Fatima  in 1917 she said that God desired to establish in the world  devotion to her Immaculate Heart. 

Spiritual Children of Mary are familiar with the requirement of Our Lady of Fatima that the Pope was to Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, in union with all Roman Catholic Bishops.  She promised that in the end her Immaculate Heart would triumph, Russia would be converted, and a certain period of peace would be given to the world.

But the Religious Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary is not new.  For example, back in the 17th Century, Saint John Eudes preached the Religious Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary with that of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

In the 19th Century, Popes Pius VII and Pius IX permitted a number of churches to celebrate as a Feast Day, the Pure Heart of Mary which, at first, was fixed on the Sunday within the Octave of the Assumption, and later on the Saturday following the Feast Day of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  Also in the 19th Century, Archbishop Saint Anthony Mary Claret established a Religious Congregation known as the Sons of the Heart of Mary.  A somewhat similar Religious Congregation was also instituted for Religious Women.

During WWII, Pope Pius XII instituted the Feast Day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary which was to be observed in perpetuity every year on August 22 in order to obtain, through the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, “peace among nations, freedom for the Church, the conversion of sinners, the love of purity, and the practice of Virtue”.

From my Pastoral experiences over many years, I know that some Spiritual Children of Mary wonder if there are any prayers formulated especially for the Religious Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. 

I am fortunate to have a copy of one of these prayers.  Because it is my understanding that such prayers are difficult to find, for the convenience of those of you  who are so interested, here, by the Grace of God, is the Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Yes, it has been “approved” by the Church!) which I say every day:

Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Immaculate Heart of Mary, most amiable and compassionate of all hearts after the Heart of Jesus.  Throne of Divine Mercy on behalf on miserable sinners. Utterly in need of thy assistance, I come before thee with full confidence that thou wilt help me since the Lord has entrusted to thy Maternal Heart all the treasures of His Infinite Graces.  Thou art my refuge, my help, and my hope.  To thee I now cry, and shall always cry, Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

When I shall be afflicted by sickness or depressed by sadness or torn by tribulation, Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

When the world, the devil and my own evil passions, united against me, shall ensnare my Soul with temptations and shall urge me to give away the treasure of Divine Grace.  Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

At the hour of my death, in that dread moment, on which depends my blissful eternity, when the pangs of my Soul shall increase and the attacks of my enemies shall grow fiercer, Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

I trust to obtain all these Graces from thee, O most amiable Heart of my Mother, that I may see thee in Heaven and enjoy God forever in thy company.  Amen.

(Say the Hail Mary 3 times with Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation. , after each Hail Mary .)

I was very fortunate to know one Lady who recited this very prayer, and also some other prayers, to the Immaculate Heart of Mary every day, for about fifty years until her death (R.I.P.) - the result of which was a number of “miracles” in her life during these same fifty years, one of which was on a daily basis!

Truly, the Catholic Religion is the one and only True Supernatural Religion instituted by God and, as such, various real Supernatural events do happen to some people for either the same or different reasons, but, ultimately, all for the Greater Honor and Glory of God and the Salvation of Immortal Souls!

Remember to do what you can do to fulfill the requirements of God’s Peace Plan which Our Lady of Fatima has given to Catholics, including, but not limited to, the wearing of the Brown Scapular every day as a sign of your Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and saying the Catholic Traditional Rosary every day.

May the Immaculate Heart of Mary grant you, and your family, her many Blessings and Favors today and every day!  :pray:

God Bless You!  :pray:

A-Catholic-Catholic: Father Jim
Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.
:crucifix:  J.M.J.  A.M.D.G.  F.V.T.
Thanks for the reminder. I haven't decided whether to construct this Feast from the Benedictine or to use Divino Afflatu, but I put off what is for tomorrow often. I especially like the Capitulum brevis from the common.

Capitulum  {ex Commune aut Festo}
Sir 24:14
Ab initio, et ante saecula creata sum, et usque ad futurum saeculum non desinam, et in habitatione sancta coram ipso ministravi.
R. Deo grátias.

Chapter {from the Common of Feast}
From the beginning, and before the world, was I created, and unto the world to come I shall not cease to be, and in the holy dwelling place I have ministered before him.
R. Thanks be to God.

And anyone else doing this for the Benedictine remember the commemoration of St. Timothy Martyr.

tim
(08-21-2013, 11:11 AM)Tim Wrote: Thanks for the reminder. I haven't decided whether to construct this Feast from the Benedictine or to use Divino Afflatu, but I put off what is for tomorrow often. I especially like the Capitulum brevis from the common.

Capitulum  {ex Commune aut Festo}
Ab initio, et ante saecula creata sum, et usque ad futurum saeculum non desinam, et in habitatione sancta coram ipso ministravi.
R. Deo grátias.

Chapter {from the Common of Feast}
From the beginning, and before the world, was I created, and unto the world to come I shall not cease to be, and in the holy dwelling place I have ministered before him.
R. Thanks be to God.

And anyone else doing this for the Benedictine remember the commemoration of St. Timothy Martyr.

tim

:crucifix:  J.M.J.  A.M.D.G.  F.V.T.   :church:

Hi Tim  -  :tiphat:

Thanks for reminding everyone about  the commemoration of St. Timothy Martyr.  :salute:

I had forgotten to mention, regarding today's Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, that - at least for me on every First Saturday - and the way it used to be in many parishes that I visited before Vatican 2 - today's Propers were used as a Votive Mass in the morning on the First Saturdays (except for when the Circumcision fell on the First Saturday in January, and Holy Saturday of Holy Week fell on the First Saturday of April.

On the First Saturdays in the evening, many parishes had special First Saturday Devotions.

What I have always used is the booklet with the copyright in 1948 by St. Meinred's Abbey.  It has an Imprimatur.  It is called "Perpetual Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary", Grail Publications, St. Meinred, Indiana.

In addition to its card stock cover, it contains 32 pages, beginning with a brief explanation of "What Happened at Fatima", plus other things such as the Mysteries of the Holy Rosary which began the evening Devotions followed by the Litany of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, a beautiful Hymn " # 138.  O Mary, my Mother", the Fatima Prayers of the Angel of Peace, the "Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary" by Pope Pius XII, October, 1942 (with references to the war then raging deleted), another optional Hymn to Our Lady, and the Hymn to be used during the Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament, followed by the Catholic Traditional Divine Praises, and the Hymn in Latin "Laudate Dominum" when leaving the Sanctuary which was frequently replaced by "Holy God, We Praise Thy Name".

It is a very moving and beautiful and timely Devotion.  I hope it is still being used in all parishes.

God Bless You!  :pray:

A-Catholic-Catholic: Father Jim
:crucifix:  J.M.J.  A.M.D.G.  F.V.T.   :church: