Benedict says God told him to resign during 'mystical experience'
(08-21-2013, 02:23 PM)Asperges me Wrote:
(08-21-2013, 01:06 PM)FlosCampi Wrote:   Francis said he didn't want to be Pope. Maybe that was God telling him not to accept it. ???

Francis should have listened.

Who do you guys think was the #2 man?  We heard some time back that Francis was #2 when Benedict was elected (I'm not even sure if that was true).  Do we know for this election?
Yeah. Such a good thing. I mean the Church is big and global and has lots of problems. Being pope isn't a job for old fellers. It ain't like the other ones before him ever got old in the Seat of Peter or anything.

Oh wait. Nevermind.

Pardon my sarcasm, but there is more to this story than any of us will likely know this side of eternity. And it probably ain't pretty. But a mystical message from the Good Lord to step down...does put a nice spin to it.
(08-21-2013, 04:21 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: Yeah. Such a good thing. I mean the Church is big and global and has lots of problems. Being pope isn't a job for old fellers. It ain't like the other ones before him ever got old in the Seat of Peter or anything.

Oh wait. Nevermind.

Pardon my sarcasm, but there is more to this story than any of us will likely know this side of eternity. And it probably ain't pretty. But a mystical message from the Good Lord to step down...does put a nice spin to it.

I absolutely believe there is more to this story.  But then again, I have serious trouble with trust these days.
Odd that God didn't mention consecrating Russia to the IHM at the same time.

Maybe, it slipped God's mind. :eyeroll:
This sounds bogus to me. Pope Benedict isn't the type to make off the cuff remarks. 

C.
First of all, let me announce the true reason why Benedict stepped down, and it's more obvious than y'all realize. Benedict stepped down because he became convinced that sedevacantism is true. Think about it. What's the point of being pope when you yourself don't even believe that you're really the pope?
Second of all, that was just a joke.

I believe what Benedict is saying here. I think you all should too. We've all been praying so hard for the Catholic Church to be restored to its former glory. At least I have. Restoration is God's Will, rest assured.. What we often overlook is that God is much more patient than we are. Sometimes before things get a lot better, they get a lot worse. Things were going too good when Benedict was pope. Not good enough, but not bad enough for enough people to do anything about it. I'm expecting things to get really ugly before God steps in and saves the day again. Benedict stepping down, and Francis stepping up, from my vantage, actually speeds up that process. I expect some real **** to go down in the next couple years.
If it does not go down then what will you conclude?

I love these hyper confident statements.  I remember many such expressions of optimism when jp2 was elected.

I've always felt it was dishonest to sell hope and optimism like this unless you were prepared to accept the opposite conclusion
i wish Benedict had stayed as Pope and just spent his time selecting orthodox bishops, forget all these personal appearances, he needed to put strong men in, he did appoint some real good bishops but in the end we will never know. When Benedict was Cardinal Ratzinger he made a big mistake joining Cardinal Bertone in that bogus revealing of the 3rd secret. Part of that secret had  been revealed mentioning Portugal so when they released the "official" 3rd secret and there was no mention of Portugal i knew something was fishy. Also since the Soviet Union is no longer and it is now Russia again, Rome is no longer bound by the Vatican-Moscow agreement, so why consecrate the world again just consecrate Russia as Our Lady asked.
(08-21-2013, 03:25 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-21-2013, 02:23 PM)Asperges me Wrote:
(08-21-2013, 01:06 PM)FlosCampi Wrote:   Francis said he didn't want to be Pope. Maybe that was God telling him not to accept it. ???

Francis should have listened.

Who do you guys think was the #2 man?  We heard some time back that Francis was #2 when Benedict was elected (I'm not even sure if that was true).  Do we know for this election?

Well we shouldn't know since it's all supposed to be secret. All I can say is I suspect the people we'd like to see on the Throne of Peter probably garnered no votes at all. It's gonna take a might big spiritual 2 x 4 upside the world's and the human side of the Church's head from the Good Lord before the current trajectory is changed.

DD