GK Chesterson's cause for sainthood underway
(08-23-2013, 02:18 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(08-23-2013, 01:47 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(08-23-2013, 01:40 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(08-23-2013, 01:15 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Well I'll be the "Devil's Advocate" here and ask: did Chesterton have an excessive attachment to eating and sleeping?  I heard that.  I have no idea.   ??? 

Btw, I love to eat and sleep.   :P

It's amazing to me how few people know that he suffered of a condition that affected his metabolism hence his weight. But hey just for that let us revoke St Thomas Aquinas sainthood.

How about the sleep issue?   ???

Really??? I mean really?

I don't want to sound uncharitable or like an angry trad here... but may be you should look up the word "metabolism."

youre right.  i am way off and uncharitable.  gk chesterton is a saint. he had no serious vices.  i should have known his medical history.  mea most maxima culpa.  :afraidsmiley:
This is not a diagnosis but today we are realizing sleep apnea in severe cases causes many symptoms like obesity, heart failure, dental problems, dementia, strokes, and of course sleep deprivation.. I know because I'm a  winner in all those categories. plus I got the bonus round where pneumonia has a direct pipeline to my heart and lungs.
It is said to affect 40% of men to varying degrees according to the libnews. 

tim
(08-23-2013, 02:25 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(08-23-2013, 01:15 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Well I'll be the "Devil's Advocate" here and ask: did Chesterton have an excessive attachment to eating and sleeping?  I heard that.  I have no idea.   ??? 

It's amazing to me how few people know that he suffered of a condition that affected his metabolism hence his weight. But hey just for that let us revoke St Thomas Aquinas sainthood.

Really??? I mean really?

I don't want to sound uncharitable or like an angry trad here... but may be you should look up the word "metabolism."

youre right.  i am way off and uncharitable.  gk chesterton is a saint. he had no serious vices.  i should have known his medical history.  mea most maxima culpa.   :afraidsmiley:

I did not call you uncharitable I said "I" didn't want to sound uncharitable. Read the post and look up metabolism.
(08-23-2013, 04:16 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:

Really??? I mean really?

youre right.  i am way off and uncharitable.  gk chesterton is a saint. he had no serious vices.  i should have known his medical history.  mea most maxima culpa.   :afraidsmiley:

I did not call you uncharitable I said "I" didn't want to sound uncharitable. Read the post and look up metabolism.

I know what metabolism is Unum Sint. I learned about it in grad school.  The class was called "Metabolism," no joke.

Once again, did Chesterton have issues with food or sleep, if Im allowed to even ask? I have NO idea!

(08-23-2013, 04:46 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:

Really??? I mean really?

I know what metabolism is Unum Sint. I learned about it in grad school.  The class was called "Metabolism," no joke.

Once again, did Chesterton have issues with food or sleep, if Im allowed to even ask? I have NO idea!

Yeah and President Obama is said to have taught a class on the Constitution in college, whats your point?

For a person that claims to have gone to grad school and have taken a class that seems to focus on the very word that would help to answer both of your concerns, you sure don't seem all that informed on what "metabolism" does.
(08-23-2013, 05:34 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(08-23-2013, 04:46 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:

Really??? I mean really?

Yeah and President Obama is said to have taught a class on the Constitution in college, whats your point?

For a person that claims to have gone to grad school and have taken a class that seems to focus on the very word that would help to answer both of your concerns, you sure don't seem all that informed on what "metabolism" does.

The point, I imagine, since I also know what metabolism means, is this:  if he had some inordinate attachment to food or sleeping, then those would be vices, see. Sins. And that could affect his cause for sainthood. None of which goes to say that he did, in fact, have those problems. He could, for ex., have had medical problems that caused him to be overweight. But whether he did or not is simply a question of fact, and someone asked for the facts. No reason to be a butt about it.
I appreciate what you wrote Vox.

Anyway, I love Chesterton. He reminds me of myself. I'm 6'3'' and 300 lb plus! Plus I'm intellectual and love to eat and joke around.

(08-23-2013, 07:03 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: The point, I imagine, since I also know what metabolism means, is this:  if he had some inordinate attachment to food or sleeping, then those would be vices, see. Sins. And that could affect his cause for sainthood. None of which goes to say that he did, in fact, have those problems. He could, for ex., have had medical problems that caused him to be overweight. But whether he did or not is simply a question of fact, and someone asked for the facts. No reason to be a butt about it.

The problem is that the question was answered in reply #17,

Unum Sint Wrote:It's amazing to me how few people know that he suffered of a condition that affected his metabolism hence his weight. But hey just for that let us revoke St Thomas Aquinas sainthood.

which christulsa123 simply chose to ignore.
It would be great if Chesterton is made into a saint. He would serve as a great counterbalance to more ascetic saints who were good in their own ways, because he represents a saint who truly loved the world but was not of it.