Vatican orders slight change in text for baptism
It's nice.

A little bittersweet though...
More hot air. So how long was this sacrament done incorrectly before anyone noticed? Forty plus years? What a joke!
(08-22-2013, 09:36 PM)OldMan Wrote: More hot air. So how long was this sacrament done incorrectly before anyone noticed? Forty plus years? What a joke!

??? ??? ???The last time I checked, the Sacrament was the pouring of water on the head of the baptisand and the recitation of the words 'I baptise thee in the Name of the Father...'. which has never been changed.
(08-22-2013, 09:36 PM)OldMan Wrote: More hot air. So how long was this sacrament done incorrectly before anyone noticed? Forty plus years? What a joke!

About as long as changing "for all"  back to " for many".
(08-22-2013, 07:32 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: http://hughosb.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/...me-change/

Some commentary on the change. 

Nice blog, thanks.
(08-22-2013, 10:06 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:

About as long as changing "for all"  back to " for many".

That was an error of translation. In the Rite of Baptism the change was made to the original Latin.
(08-22-2013, 07:49 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 07:32 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: http://hughosb.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/...me-change/

It's interesting that in the OP we find:

Baptism is the sacrament of faith in which people are incorporated into the one church of Christ, which subsists in the Catholic Church, governed by the successor of Peter and the bishops in communion with him,” said the decree from the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments.

So the CDWS still teaches that the one church of Christ subsists in the Catholic Church.

So in reality, nothing's changed.

Yes, Vatican II - Lumen Gentium No.5
(08-23-2013, 01:22 AM)francisco Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 07:49 PM)2Vermont Wrote:

It's interesting that in the OP we find:

Baptism is the sacrament of faith in which people are incorporated into the one church of Christ, which subsists in the Catholic Church, governed by the successor of Peter and the bishops in communion with him,” said the decree from the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments.

So the CDWS still teaches that the one church of Christ subsists in the Catholic Church.

So in reality, nothing's changed.

Yes, Vatican II - Lumen Gentium No.5

Oh, I didn't mean nothing's changed since before Vatican II.  I meant this "change" to the Rite of Baptism really isn't a change because the Church is still teaching (post Vatican II) that the Church of Christ only "subsists" in the Catholic Church. So yeah, the words changed in the Rite, but the meaning really hasn't.

To be fair, the form was never changed, so I'm not terribly concerned here.  But then again, WHY was it even changed to "Christian community" in the first place?  Was this yet another "ecumenical" change to the Rites of the Catholic Church?

But we shouldn't question these things!!!! 

(08-23-2013, 06:26 AM)2Vermont Wrote:

To be fair, the form was never changed, so I'm not terribly concerned here.  But then again, WHY was it even changed to "Christian community" in the first place?  Was this yet another "ecumenical" change to the Rites of the Catholic Church?

But we shouldn't question these things!!!! 

The emporer's new clothes sure are spiffy . Who are we to say otherwise?