blistering critique of US Bishops
Michael Voris does not mince words in this BLISTERING critique of US bishops.  I pray this will reach them.  I'm forwarding to mine. 

Today's Vortex:

Edited by Vox to embed video.
Powerful. What more can ya say?
I've always suspected there was more to the "pastoral" story behind allowing pro-abort politicians to receive communion.

The whole thing makes me sick.....anyone notice that Bishop Tobin became Democrat in 1969?
Too uncharitable. I prefer love <3
(08-24-2013, 08:39 AM)2Vermont Wrote: anyone notice that Bishop Tobin became Democrat in 1969?
he turned 21 that year,couldn't register before then.and he is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania . i doubt if there was one republican Catholic in Pa. ,let alone Pittsburgh in '69
(08-24-2013, 09:02 AM)Basilios Wrote: Too uncharitable. I prefer love <3

While I know you are being sarcastic, I actually think you are correct.  I agree with pretty much everything Voris says, but this is one of those cases that will end up with people not hearing the message due to the messenger, and the style in which the message is sent.  There are times for ranting and condemnation, and there are times for sober reflection.  This seemed to be a topic for the latter. 

As for sending this to your bishop, as suggested above, that is a terrible idea.  I could not think of a thing to do which would more quickly antagonize a bishop towards traditional minded Catholics then sending them this rant.  They will likely see it or hear about it regardless.
The bishops have earned everything they have coming. How in the world can a Catholic even be a democrat?

The American Bishops have done a terrible job in teaching the faith.
(08-25-2013, 04:45 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:

While I know you are being sarcastic, I actually think you are correct.  I agree with pretty much everything Voris says, but this is one of those cases that will end up with people not hearing the message due to the messenger, and the style in which the message is sent.  There are times for ranting and condemnation, and there are times for sober reflection.  This seemed to be a topic for the latter. 

As for sending this to your bishop, as suggested above, that is a terrible idea.  I could not think of a thing to do which would more quickly antagonize a bishop towards traditional minded Catholics then sending them this rant.  They will likely see it or hear about it regardless.

I don't know.  My priest has been trying to get the approval of a weekly TLM from our bishop for months now. I'm pretty sure he is handling it charitably, etc....to no avail.  WHY IS THAT?  Why is it that Catholics must beg for the Latin Mass?  Honestly, I think we are far beyond the point of tiptoeing around and worrying about antagonizing our NO bishops.
(08-25-2013, 07:17 PM)2Vermont Wrote:

I don't know.  My priest has been trying to get the approval of a weekly TLM from our bishop for months now. I'm pretty sure he is handling it charitably, etc....to no avail.  WHY IS THAT?  Why is it that Catholics must beg for the Latin Mass?  Honestly, I think we are far beyond the point of tiptoeing around and worrying about antagonizing our NO bishops.

Your priest does not need permission to celebrate a TLM. That was pretty much the entire point of SP. 

And, if you want to turn all bishops soundly against the traditional Catholic movement, which is still growing rather than shrinking despite what some might have us think, then go right ahead.  Forwarding videos like this to them would be a surefire way to get it done, and will go a long way towards proving the point of the modernists who have claimed for decades that the TLM is divisive and should not be allowed.  However, I hope you and the poster I responded to above might consider the opinions of the rest of traditional Catholics who know that pissing off the entire conference of bishops, many more of whom then even a few years ago are sympathetic to our cause, is not going to do any of us a bit of good. 

One can call out the bishops for their mistakes and get the point across without being an ass in the process.  While I agree with much, if not most, of what Voris puts out, he has yet to figure that part out. 

I know you are frustrated, I promise you that I am also.  I had a two+ hour conversation with a fellow parishioner today about the state of our parish and our frustrations.  However, lashing out at the bishops, even when they deserve it, is not going to fix it. 
(08-25-2013, 07:59 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 07:17 PM)2Vermont Wrote:

Your priest does not need permission to celebrate a TLM. That was pretty much the entire point of SP. 

And, if you want to turn all bishops soundly against the traditional Catholic movement, which is still growing rather than shrinking despite what some might have us think, then go right ahead.  Forwarding videos like this to them would be a surefire way to get it done, and will go a long way towards proving the point of the modernists who have claimed for decades that the TLM is divisive and should not be allowed.  However, I hope you and the poster I responded to above might consider the opinions of the rest of traditional Catholics who know that pissing off the entire conference of bishops, many more of whom then even a few years ago are sympathetic to our cause, is not going to do any of us a bit of good. 

One can call out the bishops for their mistakes and get the point across without being an ass in the process.  While I agree with much, if not most, of what Voris puts out, he has yet to figure that part out. 

I know you are frustrated, but lashing out at the bishops, even when they deserve it, is not going to fix it. 

As to the bolded, then why can't he say the TLM weekly?  Or does SP only say that you don't need permission to say it within certain limits?

As to the rest, you have your opinion.  I have mine.  And I tend to think that more and more trads are leaning more my way lately.  Because your way isn't working.