Human Vitae and the modern world
I just finished reading most of Human Vitae which I have never done. I never noticed the words that it contains and some of the things that Pope Paul VI talks about which have become true. As well as statements which many miss about the encyclical.

For example His Holiness Pope Paul VI states

" Finally, careful consideration should be given to the danger of this power passing into the hands of those public authorities who care little for the precepts of the moral law. Who will blame a government which in its attempt to resolve the problems affecting an entire country resorts to the same measures as are regarded as lawful by married people in the solution of particular family difficulty? Who will prevent public authorities from favoring those contraceptive methods which they consider more effective? Should they regard this as necessary, they may even impose their use on everyone.

- Obama's HHS' mandate? and other attempts by the government to do just this

" There is too much clamorous outcry against the voice of the Church, and this is intensified by modern means of communication. But it comes as no surprise to the Church that she, no less than her divine Founder, is destined to be a sign of contradiction."

- Modern media's new massive liberal communicational agenda

" Everything therefore in the modern means of social communication which arouses men's baser passions and encourages low moral standards, as well as every obscenity in the written word and every form of indecency on the stage and screen, should be condemned publicly and unanimously by all those who have at heart the advance of civilization and the safeguarding of the outstanding values of the human spirit."

- This is definitely not something we see- with sex being shown everywhere across billboards and movies.

" The family is the primary unit in the state; do not tolerate any legislation which would introduce into the family those practices which are opposed to the natural law of God.

- Same sex marriage is becoming legal

I am not stating this stating that the encyclical is in anyway prophetical, but rather the circumstances of things regarding the state of the world. Is it that people simply reject the Church's teaching regarding birth control, or simply that the majority of Catholics themselves are too ethical to even know what the Church teaches regarding not just birth control but in all matters of moral theology.
I remember when a lot of people protested when Humanae Vitae came out. Many of those protesters had never bothered to read the encyclical to begin with. For many years it was never available for me to read. When I did read it I almost fell out of my chair. It was prophetic.