Let's do lunch
today, Labor Day, I'm off and decided to have a nice hot lunch. I steamed  a large zucchini, which I had halved and cut into spears.  I had them on a shallow bowl of linguine, smothered with Classico vodka sauce. and I had a glass of water with it.

it was a nice hot, but light, lunch.
instant miso with tofu

Edited: to add video
(09-02-2013, 08:05 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: instant miso with tofu

are you Japanese?!
(09-02-2013, 01:30 PM)guacamole Wrote: today, Labor Day, I'm off and decided to have a nice hot lunch. I steamed  a large zucchini, which I had halved and cut into spears.  I had them on a shallow bowl of linguine, smothered with Classico vodka sauce. and I had a glass of water with it.

it was a nice hot, but light, lunch.

Guac, I like how you use sauces, etc to add flavor to healthy choices, like olive oil over veggies. What kinds of sauces, oils, etc do you like to use over food?

We like to use soy sauce, soy sauce/vinegar, oyster sauce, sweet chili sauce, and EVOO.

Re miso, I like to drink a cup with breakfast, the white miso variety (least strong).  It's the best energy drink in the world! 
(09-03-2013, 03:58 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Guac, I like how you use sauces, etc to add flavor to healthy choices, like olive oil over veggies. What kinds of sauces, oils, etc do you like to use over food?

thanks, chris.  i'm going to get back to you on my favorite sauces, but for now, i would like to give you a cooking tip.  make your gravies in a heavy magnalite cooking pan.  it makes all the difference.

learned that from my mother. 
(09-03-2013, 06:55 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 03:58 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Guac, I like how you use sauces, etc to add flavor to healthy choices, like olive oil over veggies. What kinds of sauces, oils, etc do you like to use over food?

thanks, chris.  i'm going to get back to you on my favorite sauces, but for now, i would like to give you a cooking tip.  make your gravies in a heavy magnalite cooking pan.  it makes all the difference.

learned that from my mother. 

Interesting. I'm googling it! 

I made humus and pita chips tonight, served with lemon and lime juice flavored seltzer water, as an alternative to my weakness for chips and pop. I think next I'll make a spinach dip with fat-free sour cream.

Looking forward to the fav sauces...
Tomorrow (Wed) in celebration of the local Patronal Feast  of St Rose of Viterbo, I am whipping up a hot and sour tofu stew. *yum*  :eats:
(09-03-2013, 11:16 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: Tomorrow (Wed) in celebration of the local Patronal Feast  of St Rose of Viterbo, I am whipping up a hot and sour tofu stew. *yum*  :eats:

Can you share the recipe?  :eats: