Karl Keating Responds to Criticism from The Remnant
Sorry Karlie. When the bishops and the Pope himself will not teach what The Church teaches, it means The Church IS in a state of absolute chaos.
(09-03-2013, 02:06 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: Sorry Karlie. When the bishops and the Pope himself will not teach what The Church teaches, it means The Church IS in a state of absolute chaos.

A seriosu charge that needs serious proof.  I have yet to see or hear anything from Pope Francis that is against the teachings of the Catholic Church.
(09-03-2013, 02:18 PM)Melchior Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 02:06 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: Sorry Karlie. When the bishops and the Pope himself will not teach what The Church teaches, it means The Church IS in a state of absolute chaos.

A seriosu charge that needs serious proof.  I have yet to see or hear anything from Pope Francis that is against the teachings of the Catholic Church.

I can't speak for George but I think he meant in terms of the things they don't say rather than do say.
(09-03-2013, 02:32 PM)Basilios Wrote: I can't speak for George but I think he meant in terms of the things they don't say rather than do say.

That's how I interpreted it as well:  omission, rather than commission.  It's what continues not to be said, not to be addressed, to Make Nice.
Mr. Keating,

If you want to honestly understand and discuss traditionalist Catholics, please read this article by Fr. Ripperger, FSSP which demonstrates the differences in how we think, trads vs. conservatives:

http://www.latinmassmagazine.com/article...erger.html

God bless you and your work.
(09-03-2013, 02:46 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 02:32 PM)Basilios Wrote: I can't speak for George but I think he meant in terms of the things they don't say rather than do say.

That's how I interpreted it as well:  omission, rather than commission.  It's what continues not to be said, not to be addressed, to Make Nice.

He has been talking about Catholic teaching though, just not the ones that some folks want him to.  Has he been focusing on Social Justice themes?  Loving others?  Yes, at least that's what's been quoted most often.  There's apparently some sort of conflict in the Middle East, so maybe talking about Social Justice and Works of Mercy is a good idea.  It certainly seems relevant right now.

Advocating for the poor and God's love doesn't make one weak nor is it "make nice".  God's Love & Mercy, along with Corporal Works of Mercy, it's a part of of the essential Gospel.

Saying he hasn't been talking about certain topics is totally valid, and it's reasonable to want him to talk about certain things.  To say he's been silent, or hasn't been speaking of Catholic teaching, is wildly inaccurate.
(09-03-2013, 03:05 PM)Melchior Wrote: Advocating for the poor and God's love doesn't make one weak nor is it "make nice".

Those are safe areas of discussion -- for the most part -- for Catholics universally, despite different approaches some may take to the same exhortations.  These subjects do NOT address the divisions in the Church, not to mention the chaos in the Church.  They merely distract from pressing issues which limit the Church's power as a body to address the very issues which he is bringing up.

They do, however, appease modernists and Protestants, both.
(09-03-2013, 03:12 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 03:05 PM)Melchior Wrote: Advocating for the poor and God's love doesn't make one weak nor is it "make nice".

Those are safe areas of discussion -- for the most part -- for Catholics universally, despite different approaches some may take to the same exhortations.  These subjects do NOT address the divisions in the Church, not to mention the chaos in the Church.  They merely distract from pressing issues which limit the Church's power as a body to address the very issues which he is bringing up.

They do, however, appease modernists and Protestants, both.

"The common good", corporal works of mercy, death from war, are all very much pressing issues.  I say this without malice, but maybe it takes having been homeless and poor to understand how vital it is.

Like you said, everyone has a different approach to this, but the *Catholic* approach to this is the correct one.  Especially regarding war.  Are these issues that everyone can get on board with? You'd think so, but you seem to not be happy that it's taken on a visible role within the current Papacy. 

The Papacy of a Pope who named himself after Francis of Assisi.  I dunno.  To me when I see someone who named himself after Holy Father Francis (the original Francis) that *maybe* that might be a big part of his reign as Pope.  Sort of like how Paul VI was a lawyer, and he took a long hard look at Canon Law.

Edited because to suggest the Pope, the Church, the Bishop of Fr. Guarinzo, or any and all Catholic media outlets, or Karl Keating, or the Politicians mentioned in this thread were wrong via internet message board was speculation at best.
Any personal attacks against them were sinful. Also any arguments or personal attacks against other posters was unacceptable

I apologize for to the Pope, the Church, the Bishops, Priests, Clergy, Cardinals, the Bishop of Fr. Guarinzo, Karl Keating, any Catholic media outlets, or the Politicans mentioned in this thread, any and all organizations or individuals, and any posters such as guacamole in this thread for any sins of Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and/or Slander caused by this post and others in the thread or Fisheaters.com as well as any other sins committed such as scandal , and any sins others fell or might fall into by reading them as a result.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
(09-03-2013, 04:03 PM)Drover Wrote: Here is an example of sins of Omission (which is different from Heresy): Our current Pope, and previous Pope's have spoken out against giving Communion to political leaders who through their votes or public action create scandal among the Faithful. This is according to Canon Law.

However, these Popes have also tended to rarely if at all use their rightful authority to compel the Bishops to enforce this part of Canon Law. When Bishops refuse to deny Communion, the Pope's have been well within their right to remove these Bishops from their office. Not doing this results in Bishops continuing to disobey Canon Law, and gives the scandalous impression to these Politicians and the Faithful that these sins being committed aren't really sins.

And what does CA Answers and the Establishment Catholic Media do almost EVERY SINGLE TIME?

Make excuses for why the Bishops, Priests, and the clergy in Rome are not responsible in any way for this disobedience,even in the face of the Holy Father's own regurgitation of Church Tradition, and label those who expect the Pope and the Bishops to exercise their right authority in negative terms.

As to the bolded.  I wouldn't say they give excuses.  They just don't let anyone criticize them.  And if you do, infractions, suspensions, etc.