Karl Keating Responds to Criticism from The Remnant
You should've seen St Mary Major's when newly ordained Fr Magdala Maria walked out of the sanctuary on the bottom right all the way to Our Lady's chapel in the top left.

It was a full Solemn High Mass. He walked out in the most beautiful vestments alongside Father Yousef Marie (Deacon) and Br Jean Marie (Sub-Deacon) and Fr Anthony Mary (Assistant Priest). In front of them were 3 more Redemptorists - thurifer and acolytes.  Behind them were more 4 more servers. Then the Priests. It was timed such that the Introit was starting to get sung as they process.

St Mary Majors literally STOPPED. It was like a scene from a movie. Nobody could fathom what was happening. That was just the beginning. I have never - NEVER - in my life been to such a Mass. Honestly,  I wanted to die right there. It was incredible. People were just staring. There were 2 or 3 other Novus Ordo Masses going on around the other altars but nobody really cared. They wanted this ritual.

That's Catholicism. They all knew it.
Quote from Christopher Ferrara:

"As for me, I have written an article denouncing as perverse attempts to minimize the number of Hitler's Jewish victims, which census data clearly show to have been about 6 million indeed. NOTE: Bishop Williamson was expelled from the "radical traditionalist" Society of Saint Pius X, and his views on the Holocaust were repudiated by the Society."

Census data show no such thing, and even if they did, there's nothing "perverse" about attempts to revise any aspect of history, no matter how sacrosanct the larger--and, I might add, post-Christian--culture holds it. Catholics, whether traditionalist or Norvus Ordo, should proclaim the Resurrection of Christ as the Central Ontological Mystery of human existence.

You want perverse? Resurrection denial is perverse. Holocaust "denial" is mere controversy.
(09-04-2013, 02:38 PM)anamchara Wrote: Quote from Christopher Ferrara:

"As for me, I have written an article denouncing as perverse attempts to minimize the number of Hitler's Jewish victims, which census data clearly show to have been about 6 million indeed. NOTE: Bishop Williamson was expelled from the "radical traditionalist" Society of Saint Pius X, and his views on the Holocaust were repudiated by the Society."

Census data show no such thing, and even if they did, there's nothing "perverse" about attempts to revise any aspect of history, no matter how sacrosanct the larger--and, I might add, post-Christian--culture holds it. Catholics, whether traditionalist or Norvus Ordo, should proclaim the Resurrection of Christ as the Central Ontological Mystery of human existence.

You want perverse? Resurrection denial is perverse. Holocaust "denial" is mere controversy.

I would add that at the postwar Nuremberg Tribunal, the Allies charged that the Germans exterminated four million people at Auschwitz. Until 1990, a memorial plaque at Auschwitz read: “Four Million People Suffered and Died Here at the Hands of the Nazi Murderers Between the Years 1940 and 1945.” During a 1979 visit to the camp, John Paul II stood before this memorial and blessed the alleged four million victims.

In July 1990, the Polish government's Auschwitz State Museum, along with Israel's Yad Vashem Holocaust center, conceded that the four million figure was a gross exaggeration, and references to it were accordingly removed from the Auschwitz monument. Israeli and Polish officials announced a tentative revised toll of about 1.1 million Auschwitz dead.

Around September of 1989, mainstream Holocaust historians began admitting that the four million figure was a deliberate myth. According to Israeli historian Yehuda Bauer, the Poles wanted to create a “national myth,” so this “required” that a large number of both Poles and Jews lost their lives at Auschwitz. Polish propagandists intentionally exaggerated the figures, and told the world that 1.5 million Poles and 2.5 million Jews were murdered at Auschwitz concentration camp. Dutch-Jewish historian Robert Jan van Pelt noted the four million falsehood was originally established by the Soviets, and then later used by the communist rulers of Poland for their own political goal of laying claim to formerly German territories.

This is not to say NO ONE was murdered by the Nazi's. It simply means that there have been gross intentional miscalculations.

I have lost all respect for K Keating. He has a pretty sweet deal but I refuse to help support him. Beside he is pseudo Cath. He is part of the problem.
(09-04-2013, 06:16 PM)trident59 Wrote: I have lost all respect for K Keating. He has a pretty sweet deal but I refuse to help support him. Beside he is pseudo Cath. He is part of the problem.

What's the criteria for being a "real" Catholic?
JMHO--

1. The church *IS* in crisis: overwhelming majority of self-described Catholics don't know or believe in the Real Presence; weekly mass attendance 20%; confessions down; marriages down; all sacraments down; conversions down; scarce vocations; churches closing; pedophiles arising. Anyone who thinks the church is just peachy is delusional.

2.I listened to Coffin and heard him describe anyone who believes in EENS a a radical trad & a sedevacantist. This is a total lie. EENS is a tenet of the faith.
(09-04-2013, 07:32 PM)lauermar Wrote: I listened to Coffin and heard him describe anyone who believes in EENS a a radical trad & a sedevacantist. This is a total lie. EENS is a tenet of the faith.

Coffin was on the ETWN show, The Journey Home, not all that long ago, and said he and his wife have 2 children in heaven (miscarriage), which indicates his ignorance or rejection of the Church's teachings on baptism.
(09-04-2013, 04:40 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 02:38 PM)anamchara Wrote: Quote from Christopher Ferrara:

I would add that at the postwar Nuremberg Tribunal, the Allies charged that the Germans exterminated four million people at Auschwitz. Until 1990, a memorial plaque at Auschwitz read: “Four Million People Suffered and Died Here at the Hands of the Nazi Murderers Between the Years 1940 and 1945.” During a 1979 visit to the camp, John Paul II stood before this memorial and blessed the alleged four million victims.

In July 1990, the Polish government's Auschwitz State Museum, along with Israel's Yad Vashem Holocaust center, conceded that the four million figure was a gross exaggeration, and references to it were accordingly removed from the Auschwitz monument. Israeli and Polish officials announced a tentative revised toll of about 1.1 million Auschwitz dead.

Around September of 1989, mainstream Holocaust historians began admitting that the four million figure was a deliberate myth. According to Israeli historian Yehuda Bauer, the Poles wanted to create a “national myth,” so this “required” that a large number of both Poles and Jews lost their lives at Auschwitz. Polish propagandists intentionally exaggerated the figures, and told the world that 1.5 million Poles and 2.5 million Jews were murdered at Auschwitz concentration camp. Dutch-Jewish historian Robert Jan van Pelt noted the four million falsehood was originally established by the Soviets, and then later used by the communist rulers of Poland for their own political goal of laying claim to formerly German territories.

This is not to say NO ONE was murdered by the Nazi's. It simply means that there have been gross intentional miscalculations.

So if I had disputed the "census data that clearly showed" that 4.0 million people died at Auschwitz, 2.5 million of whom were Jews, before 1989 I would have been one of those evil Holocaust "deniers"? But it's OK to dispute the figure now, because even Yad Vashem concedes 4.0 million is a gross exaggeration? What happens if Yad Vashem down the road concedes Bishop Williamson is right and the figure is closer to 200,000? Will SSPX restore the good bishop's good standing with the Society?

Who cares what the Scriptures, Church Fathers, Tradition, magisterium or revisionist historians have to say? Just make sure Jewish Holocaust historians approve.
(09-04-2013, 08:59 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 07:32 PM)lauermar Wrote: I listened to Coffin and heard him describe anyone who believes in EENS a a radical trad & a sedevacantist. This is a total lie. EENS is a tenet of the faith.

Coffin was on the ETWN show, The Journey Home, not all that long ago, and said he and his wife have 2 children in heaven (miscarriage), which indicates his ignorance or rejection of the Church's teachings on baptism.

Miscarried babies are in Hell?
(09-04-2013, 09:11 PM)Melchior Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 08:59 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:

Miscarried babies are in Hell?

Melchior, I've seen you on CA get flustered over this subject, and I really don't have the time or strength to show you what the Church has said on this. And please don't go to the "Holy Innocents" defense, or St. Dismas, or "this is Feenyism". It does not apply to this subject.