Karl Keating Responds to Criticism from The Remnant
(09-04-2013, 09:32 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Melchior, I've seen you on CA get flustered over this subject, and I really don't have the time or strength to show you what the Church has said on this. And please don't go to the "Holy Innocents" defense, or St. Dismas, or "this is Feenyism". It does not apply to this subject.
One can hope and pray for the salvation of children in the womb who die there and it is a real possibility (especially taking into account the universal salvific will of God and the fact that He grants all prayers if they are conducive to a person's salvation, provided that person has not put up a positive impediment to grace).  The case for the possibility of salvation for miscarried children is actually a bit stronger than it is for those who have been born and then die without the Sacrament.  From the Summa:

"Children while in the mother's womb have not yet come forth into the world to live among other men. Consequently they cannot be subject to the action of man, so as to receive the sacrament, at the hands of man, unto salvation. They can, however, be subject to the action of God, in Whose sight they live, so as, by a kind of privilege, to receive the grace of sanctification; as was the case with those who were sanctified in the womb."

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/4068.htm#article11
(09-04-2013, 08:59 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Coffin was on the ETWN show, The Journey Home, not all that long ago, and said he and his wife have 2 children in heaven (miscarriage), which indicates his ignorance or rejection of the Church's teachings on baptism.

I need to correct you on one point here.  At least one of the two departed children was born.  She (and I believe her first name was Rose; he discussed it on CAL once) had some kind of medical issue --obviously very serious-- and/or was a child with some kind of significant disability, which I interpreted by his comments was mental in nature.  I do not know how long she lived, but I do know she was born, and I'm fairly sure she lived for some significant time (did not die just after birth).
(09-05-2013, 09:47 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 08:59 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Coffin was on the ETWN show, The Journey Home, not all that long ago, and said he and his wife have 2 children in heaven (miscarriage), which indicates his ignorance or rejection of the Church's teachings on baptism.

I need to correct you on one point here.  At least one of the two departed children was born.  She (and I believe her first name was Rose; he discussed it on CAL once) had some kind of medical issue --obviously very serious-- and/or was a child with some kind of significant disability, which I interpreted by his comments was mental in nature.  I do not know how long she lived, but I do know she was born, and I'm fairly sure she lived for some significant time (did not die just after birth).

I stand corrected then. Hopefully the child received the sacrament of baptism before death.