Which form of government is the best?
Has anyone mentioned going back to judges?

The Israelites wanted kings just because neighboring nations had them, and God conceded kings to them, clearly understanding that judges were the best form of government.

Being ruled by judges seems very similar to how the Church rules her subjects.
If its not gonna be some sort of theonomy based system then libertarian is best why?

because if its neither of those two, (usual democrat or republican politics) then im quite sure God is against just as much from one party as he is from the other.  Thats my vote.

why I would be skepticial of theonomy.

In Israel, Adultrey was punishable by death.

the woman was placed before Christ.
Christ, being the perfect example, could of been "conservative per the nit pickers (pharisees)" and stoned her to death
or he could of said- whatever makes ya feel good.

He didnt

Instead, He simply said "Go and Sin no more"

from which i learn something.  He called sin sin, he said stop doing sin, and left it at that. 

As we see from within our own religion, we have some who are quick to pick up stones, and some who are quick to affirm hellish behavior.
I'm in favor of the existing government, perhaps with more regulation. Efforts to decrease the amount of government regulation are of little benefit to the average man. For one thing, only a fraction of the regulations can be eliminated because most regulations are necessary. For another thing, most of the deregulation affects business rather than the average individual, so that its main effect is to take power from the government and give it to private corporations. What this means for the average man is that government interference in his life is replaced by interference from big corporations, which may be permitted, for example, to dump more chemicals that get into his water supply and give him cancer.
To answer the OP, I have to say that I am becoming more and more of a monarchist.  Republics leave too much room for tyranny to emerge, whereas a Catholic Monarchy (i.e. Holy Roman Empire, Pre-1789 France, Spain) were very successful and prosperous nations, because, I think, they adhered to Catholic ideals and had the blessing of God.
Which form of government is the best?

An elected monarchy, not hereditary, that is crowned by the Popes.

Why?

First, democracy is implausible, as most people are wrong and few people follow the narrow path, as Jesus says.

Second, hereditary monarchy fails, even in the Davidic Kingdom which showed that the Grace of God is not bound
to heredity (most kings were immoral, idolators); if it did, all the descendants of Israel would be Catholic or Christian.
It flows through the choice of God and personal loyalty: [John 15:16], " You did not choose me, but I chose you and
appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit..."

Finally, Scripture quotes God as saying [Prov 21:1], "In the LORD's hand the king's heart is a stream of water that he
channels toward all who please him."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my belief in the matter, and I have blogged the same online as well.
(10-23-2013, 05:43 PM)bsroufek Wrote: Which form of government is the best?

An elected monarchy, not hereditary, that is crowned by the Popes.

Why?

First, democracy is implausible, as most people are wrong and few people follow the narrow path, as Jesus says.

Second, hereditary monarchy fails, even in the Davidic Kingdom which showed that the Grace of God is not bound
to heredity (most kings were immoral, idolators); if it did, all the descendants of Israel would be Catholic or Christian.
It flows through the choice of God and personal loyalty: [John 15:16], " You did not choose me, but I chose you and
appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit..."

Finally, Scripture quotes God as saying [Prov 21:1], "In the LORD's hand the king's heart is a stream of water that he
channels toward all who please him."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my belief in the matter, and I have blogged the same online as well.

IIRC, that is the way the HRE was run.  Elective Monarchies are quite efficient.
I don't know that I would ever point to the Holy Roman Empire as a model of efficient government.
I don't see any kind of government which has been semi-okay in it's administration. Perhaps democracy, monarchy, or republics should all be elected by the commoners, and be very small even tiny, with some sort of very loose federation, which makes sure commerce and trade are not manipulated, and all under the Authority of the Pope. Except the Pope then becomes another Monarch or President and is involved a gajillion little countries daily. 

tim

The best form of government is clearly an autonomous collective! :LOL:
I see the major problem today as no shared morality. That's what you guys are seeing in those Monarchies, as I am remembering America before the moral collapse.Granted the US was never a Catholic Confessional State but it's outline was pretty much from S. Roberto Cardinale Bellarmine.

Here's the key before the introduction of the first so called safe contraceptive pill Enovid-E, all of the US, Catholics, Protestants, and Jews were all agreed on at least the 10 Commandments. America was seen as a beacon of good.

There would have been no sexual revolution with out Enovid-E, and and Abortion, this is what killed morality. This lead to conditional morality. This is the downfall of the US and Western Society.

tim