Catholic Dating Website ?
(09-06-2013, 10:15 AM)drummerboy Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 10:10 AM)Chris87 Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 09:52 AM)drummerboy Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 08:54 PM)joelkurtzhalts Wrote: sspxsingles.com

catholicmatch.com

okcupid.com  With this one, as queer as it might sound, try chatting with girls from the Philippines. I know you said Europe, but the girls from the philippines are VERY dedicated Catholics, very pretty, and are enthusiastic about meeting, dating and marrying whites. It's something of a cultural quirk. just a suggestion.

I feel for you bro. you're gonna get an entire rosary dedicated to you tonight.

and I second what vox just said. that's a recipe for love and enlightenment. I know; I've tried it.

I second the Philippines.  I know someone who married a girl from there; very nice girl from what I've heard.  Although it would be funny if a Filipino picked up a Scotch accent! 

Yeah, I don't know it feels a little strange as if I would be hunting down girls from a poor country, although that is certainly not my intention. Maybe I should try and make myself a better Catholic first and then maybe open conversation with them, instead of trying to make me become a better Catholic through them. My biggest fear is having a child with a woman who is a very bad influence, not only on a child but myself and would let me get away with things tbh.

It will certainly help to work on improving yourself and not just looking for some girl to do it for you; but I still say start looking.  It might be a long time before you find someone, so it never hurts to start now; and life as a whole is one big journey of returning to God anyway; we're always in need of improvement.

As for "hunting down girls from poor countries," I'd feel awkward about it too.  I don't blame then for wanting to get out of there though.  Ultimately though, it comes down to if you love each other and are willing to spend your lives together and raise children, regardless of country or economic status.

Its worth a shot I suppose , and if it even helps my mind from wandering ( which I think is my biggest problem along with boredom  ) It may be worth it for that alone. Cheers
Chris,

I met my wife on www.sspxsingles.com  She is from the Philippines.  I know you can meet a Catholic lady in the future, despite your past. It all depends on what you do in the present. Keep the Faith! Have hope in God!

Have you been to the SSPX chapel in Glasgow?  Perhaps you could go to the priest for confession and spiritual counsel. http://sspx.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100:glasgow-chapel&catid=72:mass-centres-around-uk&Itemid=55

We will include you in our rosary tonight.

Chris
(09-06-2013, 11:25 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: Chris,

I met my wife on www.sspxsingles.com  She is from the Philippines.  I know you can meet a Catholic lady in the future, despite your past. It all depends on what you do in the present. Keep the Faith! Have hope in God!

Have you been to the SSPX chapel in Glasgow?   Perhaps you could go to the priest for confession and spiritual counsel. http://sspx.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100:glasgow-chapel&catid=72:mass-centres-around-uk&Itemid=55

We will include you in our rosary tonight.

Chris

Hi some of them lady's are absolutely beautiful, I will have a look in to joining the site.
Yes I have been to the Chapel before, Its actually a very far distance from me and I don't drive. But maybe this month I should make a day of having a venture up there instead of getting into my normal antics over the weekend. I really am completely bored with that type of life now.
Thankyou for your prayers they mean everything to me, and thankyou everyone else I can already feel my outlook becoming slighter less dark.
God Bless
(09-06-2013, 10:10 AM)Chris87 Wrote: Yeah, I don't know it feels a little strange as if I would be hunting down girls from a poor country...

truth be told, it's not as poor as you think. All of the Philippinos I met are pretty well-educated and in fair economic shape. Mind you, it's poorer than America or the UK, but again very few are as wealthy as we are.

so don't let that discourage you.
Dear St Maximilian Kolbe,

Because you were killed by an injection of carbolic acid, you are the patron of drug users. We pray for all those who suffer this terrible addiction and for their families. May they have the courage and help they need to turn their lives around. We pray especially for all who are in need of your great favors.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be. :pray:
(09-06-2013, 01:03 PM)joelkurtzhalts Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 10:10 AM)Chris87 Wrote: Yeah, I don't know it feels a little strange as if I would be hunting down girls from a poor country...

truth be told, it's not as poor as you think. All of the Philippinos I met are pretty well-educated and in fair economic shape. Mind you, it's poorer than America or the UK, but again very few are as wealthy as we are.

so don't let that discourage you.

Hi brother, No I never really meant it like that, but I am sure you know what I mean is that some men (non Catholic ) go to these countries Thailand in particular.
I did see an add there by a young Filipino girl who said she wanted to meet men between 40-70 years old and to be financially secure, that sort of things turns me away.
Never been on an online dating site before in my life, much more comfortable speaking to people face to face. Online it seems a bit nerve racking .

I was thinking of turning the table And making my profile.
25 year old Scottish male
looking for financial security and house
Will move to Philippines  :LOL:
This topic has created a great theological conflict in my mind.

Chris87, have you never considered the religious life?
(09-06-2013, 01:23 PM)eschera Wrote: Dear St Maximilian Kolbe,

Because you were killed by an injection of carbolic acid, you are the patron of drug users. We pray for all those who suffer this terrible addiction and for their families. May they have the courage and help they need to turn their lives around. We pray especially for all who are in need of your great favors.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be. :pray:

Thankyou very much, I will keep this prayer saved, He is a favourite saint of mine  :)
(09-06-2013, 01:25 PM)dark lancer Wrote: This topic has created a great theological conflict in my mind.

Chris87, have you never considered the religious life?

Yes I have my friend , I have spent quite some time visiting with Religious Orders in my past.
Bro, just a warning about some women (Trad girls or not). They will have problems with your past. You're gonna have to expect it and live with it. I went through something similar recently and I was pretty bummed but then supernaturally speaking I don't deserve anything but hell so any pain I got from that is well deserved, and in any case it's better to be married to someone who doesn't hold your past against you as long as you are living as a good Christian now.

I'm somewhat similar but a bit less extreme. I just did the usual University stuff. Lots of alcohol and partying and weed. I probably did a bit too much pot for a while I admit (for a period of about 6 months I was getting grilled everyday sometimes 3 times a day, even going into my second year exams stoned). I was also pretty violent and got into fights because I was an arrogant jackass with abusive-daddy issues. Thankfully somehow God prevented me from being promiscuous, though I wasn't chaste (I was more of a 'girlfriend' type of guy).

A lot of Trad gals probably ain't gonna take that no matter how awesome and saintly I am now (and I am both of these things in excessive amounts I must tell you) and no matter how much my past makes me ashamed; knowing I deserve to be in hell for my sins and some of the things I've done make me feel like a big fat poopie head. But whatchoo gonna do man?

I don't hold it against any women if she feels that my past would make her too uncomfortable. It's human psychology, and even though I've done bad stuff I know that I would have to work on it in my mind if I knew that someone I was dating used to do bad stuff too. It's just human nature. So my lesson to you is to try offer it up if you're ever rejected based on your past life. Be grateful too that the BVM has dragged you outta hell. Thanks be to God. Please for the love of Jesus and Mary stay clean and pure and striving for sainthood.

My 'relationship' advice is to be as upfront as you need to be at the appropriate time about your past - but don't let any woman try to be your mom or your spiritual director about it. Explain calmly in general terms if necessary, and tell her you've confessed and that you repudiate everything and like St Augustine and many other saints before you you have decided that without Grace you are nothing (which is true for all) and you are now living a holy life thanks be to God and His Mother. That's all.

Don't feel too down mate. If you are still struggling with drugs/booze etc my strong recommendation is actually not to think of women. Get yourself a new life. It took me a year to completely rid myself of the shackles of sin. Sin built up like that clouds your mind. You have to drive through the fog of the mud right now to get to the clear sunny skies where Jesus reigns.

Best of luck and God Bless.

Edited to add based on the new posts above:

Consider a vocation too. I thought I had one and was a monk for a year. Turns out I didn't have one - but it was nothing related to my past, I just plainly didn't have the calling. So give it a shot.

The Redemptorists are in Orkney. Make a visit. Go on a retreat. I promise you, that will change your life even if you have no vocation. If you need a contact addres for them or information I will be happy to help.