Catholic Dating Website ?
(09-06-2013, 03:36 PM)Chris87 Wrote: How do you know I'm a Celtic fan  :LOL: :LOL: 10 in a Row  :)

A Catholic from the Glasgow area?  No need to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that one! :LOL: And being honest, half of us are probably only Catholic because our Celtic roots kept us there. P

Quote:Thanks for you post mate, I can get everysingle thing you have said.
Well I think I am doing ok since I am sat on Fisheaters on a Friday night, although it does help when you have been barred from every pub and club in town tbh.

It's a start a chara and it's keeping you in the house away from an environment that's just not the best for you.  If you have the internet and you're at home for the weekend, I would suggest some reading to you.  Particularly anything by Father Faber.  Father Faber was an Anglican that converted to the Faith with Blessed Cardinal Newman.  But he's not of the same spiritual or philosophical strain as Blessed Newman.  Father Faber founded the London Oratory and his writings are... mate, honestly, I think the man was the greatest Catholic writer (who wrote in English) of his time.

His work The Creator and the Creature is available online in a few different formats here: http://archive.org/details/creatorcreatureo00faber I've only just read it and I'm telling you, it changed my life.  It doesn't only give you food for thought, but it's basically and outline of the entire Catholic religion.  If anything else, give his short chapter "On the easiness of Salvation" a read.  I mean it that it will really give you things to think on.

Quote:Congratulations with your relationship that is fantastic.
How did you meet ? Online ?

We met online almost two years ago now, and I'm just back from having spent three months with her and her family over the pond.  You never know what god has in store for you, so just remain open to His will. :)

Quote:I think we have spoken before mate, I am actually from the Greenock area, don't worry I am not a Ton fan  :LOL:
I think you even offered me a lift at one time in the past, Thanks for that.
For the moment mate, I want to just take things slow. I mean I don't want to plan going to an SSPX Mass and do something stupid before it. I'm just not ready yet.

Aye, I believe I have spoken with you before. :) I know Greenock's quite a waste land in almost every respect.  My mother's working for Greenock Council's social services, so I know what the place is like.  But even Greenock isn't completely dead.  I have a friend out there that's a traditional Catholic but who's mostly involved in the local Novus Ordo parish.  I can find a priest with a good name for you out that way if you'd like.  Or even if you ever get the opportunity to get down to Saint Mirin's Cathedral in Paisley, there's solid, and I mean solid, priests there.  Father Dalgleish and Monsignor Tormey are really sound and solid men and I've dealt with them in the confessional before with some big things.  Both are very friendly as well (though Monsignor Tormey may have you shoveling snow by the end of it, so be careful!).  You should be careful.  On the internet you hear a lot of horror stories from traditional Catholics about the clergy and parishoners.  But we should never forget that, although the traditional liturgy isn't available as widely as it should be, the Sacraments are still there, and there are many holy and orthodox souls in our regular parishes and diocese.  Don't hold out until you can get to the traditional parishes in Glasgow, SSPX or diocesan.  The Church is right next to you mate, and there are men of God who are willing to pick you back up after you've tripped.  I strongly urge you to get in touch with a priest fast.  You'll be surprised, but the priests of our diocese would be willing to die for your salvation.  They're there to help, they are other Christs.  And Christ is waiting for you. :)

Quote:Yeah I don't have a job unfortunaly and if you know anything about Greenock you might be able to sympathise. Its a dump , don't hold back your hatred for the place being from Paisley  :LOL:
Really I feel at the moment ,my outlook is bleak, there is no light coming into my life from any angle.

As I'm from Paisley, I can't really comment on Greenock being a dump!  Paisley's just as bad, at least Greenock still has a semblance of a high street!  There's no real opportunities anywhere for us.  I'm sure it's harder for you as well even to get a job in McDonald's if you've spent time at Her Majesty's Pleasure in Polmont, Barlinnie or Greenock.  It's hard but pray, pray and pray some more to Saint Joseph to help you out here.  And no, I refuse to even entertain that there's no hope.  There's always hope because we've got God looking out for us. :) The important thing is to start creating opportunities and getting out of the house and occupying yourself.  Go around charity shops like Oxfam or the British Heart Foundation or Saint Vincent's.  Be honest about any records and just start volunteering.  Or pick up a lawn mower and go around door to door offering your service for a few quid, or get a bucket, rag and ladder and do the same for windows.  Or offer to help out at a care home, or offer to clear up graffiti or something and anything that keeps you busy.  Don't get locked up in your own head.  Get out there and be the man you want to be, the man God wants you to be.

Our Lady is literally raining graces down on each and every one of us.  She's there pleading and pleading for us all before the throne of her Son, not just in a general sense, but in a personal and real manner for each and every one of us.  Your Guardian Angel is working non-stop right now for you, striving against the enemies that would seak to bring you to ruin.  Man, it may seem dark, but Our Lady's a beacon ahead of you, and your Angel is literally carving a path through the thorns and briars for you.  Just close your eyes, make an act of faith, hope and charity, and walk forward.

Quote:My last confession Oh my Lord, atleast 2 years ago, I haven't received communion since. My last confession was on an A4 piece of paper never been so nervous in my life.
I will have to try and amend that soon I think.
Maybe I should start praying first , watch some Latin Mass.
Then make a date for confession that take it from there I think., See how it goes.

Haha!  Oh man, I remember having the piece of A4 paper as well.  I also remember the choking feeling in my throat and the emptiness in the pit of my stomach.  But man, God knows it all already, and like I said, our diocese has many solid and holy priests.  Pray on it, but you can't pray forever without putting it into action.  Pray, watching traditional Latin Masses, read about the faith and the spiritual life (and again I strongly recommend Father Faber's works).  But eventually you're just going to have to stop sitting around and get up, go down to a priest, fall on your knees and confess.  And do you know what will happen after that?  Light, mate.  Light.  God Himself alive within you with His grace.  

Quote:And Lets hope Celtic get 2nd or 3rd in the CL Group. Hail Hail   :grin:

You know it! :grin: Ajax, Barca and AC?  Ha!  Walk in the park!
Hahaha  :LOL:
That is hilarious and true lol, I think Celtic FC and listening to Irish Republican Rebel music actually somhow made me a better Catholic  :LOL:
Thanks for such a long response I appreciate it so much, I don't have a great way with words on the net so forgive me for that.
You did say about get yourself to chapel etc go for it, I understand.
But I really am at stage no.1, facing normal reality outside of the Church , even dealing with parents and Friends are at the moment just as important as the Church.
My biggest deal is just moveing on and getting normal.
I mean even watching a film I get bored ,so bored and I think oh this film would be so much better with cocaine or a bottle of vodka and phone some friends, Of course it will be more interesting but that's not the point. and when your company is the exact same it becomes very very normal. Actually it becomes strange being sober and you just think this is so sh** I cant deal with this normality.
Thanks for the reading suggestions ,I have always had problems with attention span since I was a wee 'Bhoy' I think I have cleaned my house 5 times over today lol.
I was going to start where I left off, And read True Devotion To Mary I will probably read it outdoors as I hate being inside, Its the only book I have ever read. So I know I will enjoy it.
Can I buy  The Creator and the Creature online instead of reading it on my laptop ?
Hopefully I can become a part of the Trad Community, its something I have never been a part of  :) So I could look forward to that.
But I think for me personally right now I should try and get my faith back and not pay attention to modern Catholism at all. Because it breaks me To be quite honest.
I will send you a message when we play the mighty Milan   :grin: Hail Hail
Going out for food now with my da, so talk to you guys later

Glad to be back here. Ave Maria
(09-06-2013, 10:04 AM)Chris87 Wrote: Hi Vox
Thank for your kind words they really comfort me, I really have to move on don't I ?
I have to get myself back in to confession aswell, I also think I am going to stop going out all the time and getting myself involved in things, you know I don't actually remember the last time I enjoyed myself, even now I am waiting on paying a Police fine off.
From 16-19 I was getting in to lots of bother, then I was doing quite well for myself for a few years around the time I found traditional Catholicism, the past few years I have been seeing myself go downhill again. I was even sleeping rough in France at one point this year. I just got up and left one day, and wanted to run away from everything, that was probably my lowest point.
I am going to come completely clean and say I have been losing the faith, I used to  say 3 rosaries a day, now I struggle hard to say a Hail Mary.
I to come on here and read daily, but don't have much to add because most of what is said tbh is far to in-depth and it just goes over my head, either that or I see the Pope making another joke of Catholicism, last time I went to Church in was a Fesat day of Our Lady, I was the youngest person there by easily 40 years, The Priest never even mentioned Our Lady's name one time, I was pretty sad, not angry or surprised just sad and then I never went back , then The Cardinal coming out as a gay. I also spent a lot of time with the FFI, now to hear that they could be headed for the gutter : (
I just have become distrusting of Catholicism now, The last churches I actually went to where Orthodox with my ex GF. I was pretty much up and ready to leave being a Catholic if I am honest, but I haven't.
Maybe I should try and get myself together and start watching mass at home again and pray a Rosary during it. It's a start.
Thanks

A few things come to mind in response to what you've told me here...  One, don't sweat it if big-time theology stuff and some of the things some trads like to talk about aren't your "thing" or are "over your head."  Catholicism has lots to offer the more eggheady types, but it's also for folks who aren't into that sort of thing.

What's most important is just that you love God and love people. By "love" I mean (the Church means) an act of the WILL, even if you don't feel the feelings of love, even if you don't feel warmth and all that. Sometimes when things get nasty and you're not getting any emotional consolation you (meaning we) can talk yourself into thinking you no longer have the Faith -- but according your will to His Will (by loving Him and loving others) even when you're not "feeling" it is really what real faith is all about.

You're here right now, on this forum, reaching out to fellow Catholics, even though you're in a lot of pain, are feeling like you're "losing" the faith, even though you wish you wouldn't wake up after you go to sleep at night -- and all that shows to me that you're actually a person of GREAT faith. You're just not getting any consolation right now and feel alone and have a lot of "baggage" you're carrying around, things you need to trust are truly forgiven so you can move beyond it all. All that is "OK." I don't mean it's good, but just that it doesn't make you a bad person -- and that none of that isn't stuff you can't overcome. I know you can. And I'm betting you will, too.

I'd never tell anyone not to pray the Rosary (do it! Yes!), but I hope you focus most on Confession, on the the Divine Mercy, and doing even just one, conscious thing to serve others. Don't kick yourself for feeling down, for not feeling close to Jesus right now, or even for feeling like you're losing the Faith. Just keep your WILL in accord with His, confess, TRUST, and pray for consolation. Everything will  be OK...

And, please, please, if you ever feel like you're going to hurt yourself, talk to someone. Talk to me if you want.
(09-06-2013, 04:13 PM)Chris87 Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 04:04 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 04:01 PM)Chris87 Wrote: Well yes, I don't have a problem if they ask, which I am sure they would do in any circumstance if it was a relationship, I would have no problem with that.
But just bringing up things for the sake of bringing up things does not seem right to me. Especially on just meeting someone.
Basically what I mean is they would find out either way if they where interested.
Us Scots are very inside people, we don't say much tbh, especially if something is wrong .
I have said more on this thread than anyone has ever known.

It sure sounds to me like it's the right thing to do.  

I never had a lifestyle like yours, though, so maybe I'm biased.  Heck, I'm 28 and still have never had so much as a date.

I think it might be a cultural thing ? Maybe if your American you believe you should be upfront, I was brought up to not really show much emotion infront of others , smile and keep everything that kills you inside.
really ? maybe you have lived a sheltered life, have you ever though your maybe overthinking things and being to nice to women ?
I am being completely honest and thinking I don't even think I have took a GF on a date before.
Although your not going to meet Trad girls in a nightclub, unless they have problems themself

No, I don't think it's a cultural thing.  I think it's a competition thing.  I figure that a guy who had a wild sexual lifestyle has already had his chance and should let someone who's led a chaste lifestyle have preference over the eligible, chaste members of the dating pool.

I never dated because I never met a single, practicing Catholic girl.  I could have had sex with girls if I made an effort to do so, but I chose not to because I believed that fornication is a sin.  I could have dated atheists, agnostics, Protestants, or pro-abortionists, but I figured that they weren't worth the time or trouble.
(09-06-2013, 06:40 PM)dark lancer Wrote: No, I don't think it's a cultural thing.  I think it's a competition thing.  I figure that a guy who had a wild sexual lifestyle has already had his chance and should let someone who's led a chaste lifestyle have preference over the eligible, chaste members of the dating pool.

You are disregarding God's will & providence for the laws of probability.  If one prayers to God in all sincerity, then God will provide.  If you want a holy wife Dark Lancer, and if Christ wants a holy wife, and both of you pray to God for a holy wife, do you think God will give to one and not the other?  The population of women on this planet is a sight more sizable than that!  We are none of us in competition with one another.
(09-06-2013, 06:49 PM)City Smurf Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 06:40 PM)dark lancer Wrote: No, I don't think it's a cultural thing.  I think it's a competition thing.  I figure that a guy who had a wild sexual lifestyle has already had his chance and should let someone who's led a chaste lifestyle have preference over the eligible, chaste members of the dating pool.

You are disregarding God's will & providence for the laws of probability.  If one prayers to God in all sincerity, then God will provide.  If you want a holy wife Dark Lancer, and if Christ wants a holy wife, and both of you pray to God for a holy wife, do you think God will give to one and not the other?  The population of women on this planet is a sight more sizable than that!  We are none of us in competition with one another.

What about the population of single, practicing Catholic women?
I met my husband when catholicmatch.com was straphael.net

Of course we weren't trads at the time, but I do remember there being some traditional Catholics on the website.  Keep in mind that there are (were) also many heterodox Catholics there as well.
(09-06-2013, 06:51 PM)dark lancer Wrote: What about the population of single, practicing Catholic women?

A lot larger than you are appearing to give it credit.
(09-06-2013, 06:40 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 04:01 PM)Chris87 Wrote: Well yes, I don't have a problem if they ask, which I am sure they would do in any circumstance if it was a relationship, I would have no problem with that.
But just bringing up things for the sake of bringing up things does not seem right to me. Especially on just meeting someone.
Basically what I mean is they would find out either way if they where interested.
Us Scots are very inside people, we don't say much tbh, especially if something is wrong .

I never had a lifestyle like yours, though, so maybe I'm biased.  Heck, I'm 28 and still have never had so much as a date.

I think it might be a cultural thing ? Maybe if your American you believe you should be upfront, I was brought up to not really show much emotion infront of others , smile and keep everything that kills you inside.
really ? maybe you have lived a sheltered life, have you ever though your maybe overthinking things and being to nice to women ?
I am being completely honest and thinking I don't even think I have took a GF on a date before.
Although your not going to meet Trad girls in a nightclub, unless they have problems themself

No, I don't think it's a cultural thing.  I think it's a competition thing.  I figure that a guy who had a wild sexual lifestyle has already had his chance and should let someone who's led a chaste lifestyle have preference over the eligible, chaste members of the dating pool.

I was talking about a cultural thing to be so open about your past,
I am not going to tell a woman my past, she has to gain my trust and respect to deserve to learn about me and my life in the first place, before I give anything away about myself. And I expect no less from her, I don't want to know her life story, unless over a period of time she might feel comfortable enough in my presence to tell me, I'm not pushing rules on her.
Some people including some girls have went through very bad childhoods and you have absolutely no right to ask them about there pasts.
It annoys me to think you think life is so roses and black and white, that people are open to talk about it.
Well this competition thing is ridiculous to be honest, maybe in your own mind my friend certainly not mine. Why would I care ? Its easy to tell in the first moment of interaction if there is a spark or there is nothing.
And you use terms like we ' Should let' or you should ' have preference' ? As if you are owed something in life ?
Well go out and do it ..... I'm not stopping you, nobody is stopping you.
Goodluck
(09-06-2013, 07:04 PM)Chris87 Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 06:40 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

I was talking about a cultural thing to be so open about your past,
I am not going to tell a woman my past, she has to gain my trust and respect to deserve to learn about me and my life in the first place, before I give anything away about myself. And I expect no less from her, I don't want to know her life story, unless over a period of time she might feel comfortable enough in my presence to tell me, I'm not pushing rules on her.
Some people including some girls have went through very bad childhoods and you have absolutely no right to ask them about there pasts.
Well this competition thing is ridiculous to be honest, maybe in your own mind my friend certainly not mine. Why would I care ??? Its easy to tell in the first moment of interaction if there is a spark or there is nothing.
And you use terms like we ' Should let' or you should ' have preference' ??? As if you are owed something in life ?
Well go out and do it ..... I'm not stopping you, nobody is stopping you.
Goodluck

Well, a bank employee who embezzles thousands of dollars doesn't get to work for a bank again, or it's an insult to every honest bank worker if he does.