Catholic Dating Website ?
(09-06-2013, 09:30 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 08:26 PM)dark lancer Wrote: People on FE used to call me a Protestant for quoting the Bible.

I, the site owner, quote Scripture all the time.

It was a different time on FE.
One more website, Traditional Singles:

http://www.traditionalsingles.com/browse.php?sex_female=female&age_start=18&age_end=95&country=all&photo_only=on&search=Show

(09-06-2013, 08:26 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 08:07 PM)Chris87 Wrote: Would you tell a girl you just met on your very first date that you done Self Mortification  ?
Or is that acceptable and private ?
You seem to look far more outward to others than inwards at yourself.

Anyway, time for Bed, Thanks for the discussion folks I enjoyed it. Ave Maria

No, I didn't really bother looking at others until your thread here got me thinking about what's fair.  I don't get any cheer-leading about relationships from anyone, and especially not on FE.

I just resent being forced to accept the idea that a person who has tried hard to be faithful to God and the Church should have an even chance as someone who did not, on the simple basis that that person just happened to have never married and divorced.  My handicaps are that I'm a religious nerd, I'm quiet, I'm ugly (I conducted a survey), I'm not good at anything, and I live in a place where Catholicism is going to die once the Boomers are gone.  All the girls I meet who are around my age are cohabitating, dating, married, or divorced.  Why shouldn't anyone else keep the air clear about their own handicaps when all of mine are readily apparent?

City Smurf Wrote:In closing I leave you with Matthew Chapter 20, verses 1-15.

People on FE used to call me a Protestant for quoting the Bible.

You have to snap out of the idea that it is not fair, life is NOT FAIR, nobody owes you a single thing. You are not going to get a line of chaste Catholic girls appearing at your door any time in life. And I am sure if I met a nice Trad girl in Glasgow that does not effect your supposed dating pool.
How do you know I have not tried my best or maybe even harder than yourself to be faithful to the Church and yet I still failed at points in my life. We are all wired differently from one another and you maybe find things a breeze while I find things extremely difficult and fall often.
You seem to feel sorry for yourself and are full of self loathing, When you made a survey ( which is not normal to do )I bet you where already beaten and ugly in your own mind anyway.
I'm sorry but you should try to snap out of it, even most Trad girls are not going to be interested in your knowledge of theology or scripture. They want a confident man who could be there loving Husband and a loving Father. But don't make any room for arrogance or superioty in your personality.
If you play computer games put them things away and stop living in fantasy. Join a gym , get into bodybuilding , you don't see many geeks who are in great physical shape , do you ?
You are allowed other hobbies outside the Church.
The one thing that really made me independent and grow up was travelling, I set off alone and left my family and Friends when I was 16 and went to Ireland.
Why don't you travel to New Zealand or Australia on a working holiday visa, this can be done through Bunac. If you do that you will lose your quietness and shyness very fast.
And for someone who has so much faith, Why should you be scared, Why don't you test your Faith ?
And you will come out the end of it a confident young man who has travelled the world.
Make you present and your future appealing to woman and they will come along. You don't seem in the right mind set of someone who should even be considering self mortification either, but that's between you and God.
If you think you are owed something in life because you have been a good Catholic, then you are going to be waiting along time. Go out and do something about it, such as join the dating sites mentioned.

God Bless
Quick note. I am well built and regularly deadlift abd squat over 250lbs... And I also spent 4 hours playing final fantasy 14 today. So...
(09-07-2013, 09:06 AM)Basilios Wrote: Quick note. I am well built and regularly deadlift abd squat over 250lbs... And I also spent 4 hours playing final fantasy 14 today. So...

I am trying to make a point, to be more active and build his confidence up.
dark lancer, i think you need to meditate on the parable of the prodigal son, which vox clamantis quoted for you.

self-pity and envy are sins, just as drug abuse and sexual promiscuity are sins.  all sins.  all need to be repented of.
(09-06-2013, 08:26 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 08:07 PM)Chris87 Wrote: Would you tell a girl you just met on your very first date that you done Self Mortification  ?
Or is that acceptable and private ?
You seem to look far more outward to others than inwards at yourself.

Anyway, time for Bed, Thanks for the discussion folks I enjoyed it. Ave Maria

No, I didn't really bother looking at others until your thread here got me thinking about what's fair.  I don't get any cheer-leading about relationships from anyone, and especially not on FE.

I just resent being forced to accept the idea that a person who has tried hard to be faithful to God and the Church should have an even chance as someone who did not, on the simple basis that that person just happened to have never married and divorced.  My handicaps are that I'm a religious nerd, I'm quiet, I'm ugly (I conducted a survey), I'm not good at anything, and I live in a place where Catholicism is going to die once the Boomers are gone.  All the girls I meet who are around my age are cohabitating, dating, married, or divorced.  Why shouldn't anyone else keep the air clear about their own handicaps when all of mine are readily apparent?

City Smurf Wrote:In closing I leave you with Matthew Chapter 20, verses 1-15.

People on FE used to call me a Protestant for quoting the Bible.

its not a competition brother, God does not call two men to marry the same woman, nor to have to fight over one. (and for what its worth, it seems to me like eligible Catholic men are definitely outnumbered by eligible Catholic women!). God will call to marriage based on His innefable providence, not based on these supposed handicaps, but we will be better disposed to respond to His call as we grow in faith and holiness...and faith, hope, and charity  - according to the Angelic Doctor - are not infused proportionately to natural gifts!!! This is an amazing truth of providence!
But seriously, you might want to think about some counselling or something like that - CBT is incredibly helpful - because if you cannot accept your own personality, build, appearance, etc, a potential spouse will be less likely to see you as you really are. God bless you brother, May you see the Love in which the Father holds you!

P.S. I have a past of drink, drugs, etc, and were I called to marriage I would and did I find a spouse I would certainly need to discern being completely candid with her at the very latest before I proposed (providing she wanted to know!), but I wouldn't feel obliged until we had been dating for a good while...unless she was to ask before that.
(09-07-2013, 09:45 AM)guacamole Wrote: dark lancer, i think you need to meditate on the parable of the prodigal son, which vox clamantis quoted for you.

self-pity and envy are sins, just as drug abuse and sexual promiscuity are sins.  all sins.  all need to be repented of.

Dark Lancer I think you also might meditate on this:

Quote: Praise ye the Lord, because psalm is good: to our God be joyful and comely praise. The Lord buildeth up Jerusalem: he will gather together the dispersed of Israel. Who healeth the broken of heart, and bindeth up their bruises. Who telleth the number of the stars: and calleth them all by their names. Great is our Lord, and great is his power: and of his wisdom there is no number.

The Lord lifteth up the meek, and bringeth the wicked down even to the ground.  Sing ye to the Lord with praise: sing to our God upon the harp. Who covereth the heaven with clouds, and prepareth rain for the earth. Who maketh grass to grow on the mountains, and herbs for the service of men. Who giveth to beasts their food: and to the young ravens that call upon him.  He shall not delight in the strength of the horse: nor take pleasure in the legs of a man. The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him: and in them that hope in his mercy. (Psalm 146, DR)

God bless you brother, Christ is our Redeemer, God does not create junk.