Pope telephones woman who refused abortion: offers to baptize her baby
Pope telephones woman who refused abortion: offers to baptize her baby

This reminds me of a story of Pope St. Pius X:
Quote:An English lady, who had a private audience with the Pope, brought her little boy of four years old to receive his blessing. While she was talking with the Holy Father the child stood at a little distance looking on; but presently, when the low-toned conversation seemed at an end, he crept up to the Pope, put his hands on his knees and looked up trustfully into his face.

"How old is he?" asked Pius X., stroking the little head.

"He is four," answered the mother, "and in two or three years I hope he will make his first Communion."

The Pope looked earnestly into the child s clear eyes.

"Whom do you receive in Holy Communion?" he asked.

"Jesus Christ," was the prompt answer.

"And who is Jesus Christ?"

"Jesus Christ is God," replied the little boy, no less quickly.

"Bring him to me to-morrow," said the Pope, turning to the mother, "and I will give him Holy Communion myself."
:)
Beautiful. God bless our Holy Father  :grin:
(09-06-2013, 08:25 PM)Geremia Wrote: Pope telephones woman who refused abortion: offers to baptize her baby

Quote:An English lady, who had a private audience with the Pope, brought her little boy of four years old to receive his blessing. While she was talking with the Holy Father the child stood at a little distance looking on; but presently, when the low-toned conversation seemed at an end, he crept up to the Pope, put his hands on his knees and looked up trustfully into his face.

"He is four," answered the mother, "and in two or three years I hope he will make his first Communion."

"Bring him to me to-morrow," said the Pope, turning to the mother, "and I will give him Holy Communion myself."
:) :) :)
Great story!  :grin:

Hopefully the promise is kept!
I really do like the way the Holy Father uses the telephone to touch people's lives like that. That's a very cool thing :)

I wonder if he'd call a trad and talk about the stuff on our minds... Maybe we should give it a shot! Can't hurt to try... Maybe we should write him letters telling him our "issues," including our phone numbers at the bottom!  And I still encourage folks to tweet him! Just go to the front page and look for his tweets; you can tweet him back at the bottom of that!  I tweeted him and told him about FE. I think I said, "Dear Holy Father, check out my website: http://www.fisheaters.com  I hope you like it!" LOL

(09-06-2013, 11:49 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I tweeted him and told him about FE. I think I said, "Dear Holy Father, check out my website: http://www.fisheaters.com  I hope you like it!" LOL
You can track where FE's traffic comes from, can't you? I'm 100% certain at least a dozen Holy See IPs have visited it.
(09-06-2013, 11:53 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 11:49 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I tweeted him and told him about FE. I think I said, "Dear Holy Father, check out my website: http://www.fisheaters.com  I hope you like it!" LOL
You can track where FE's traffic comes from, can't you? I'm 100% certain at least a dozen Holy See IPs have visited it.

With my old web host, I knew how to do that -- and I did get hits from ".Va"(I think that's how they show up). With the control panel I've got now, I haven't really figured out how to do that yet.
(09-07-2013, 12:07 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: -- and I did get hits from ".Va"(I think that's how they show up). 

Intriguing, was that Ol Papa Benny checking on us?  :LOL:

But I think the letter writing idea is good, I was thinking about that as well, the Holy Father seem to have an affinity of reading letters adressed to himand personally responding, maybe we could do the same...
(09-06-2013, 08:25 PM)Geremia Wrote: Pope telephones woman who refused abortion: offers to baptize her baby

Beautiful story, thanks for sharing this. God bless.
:w2go:
Pretty cool!