Tulsa: Pontifical High Mass to be Offered by Bishop in Cathedral
Thats only a two hour drive from me, I might consider going.
(09-09-2013, 09:55 AM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 12:27 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 10:55 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 10:30 PM)dark lancer Wrote: More midwest TLMs.

:yawn:

We need a :yawn: smiley.

I agree. There do seem to be a lot of TLMs in the Midwest. Me too, I'm getting tired. Time for bed.  :sleep:

I wish I could find a video of the "Moral Orel" opening where God gradually descends to an Earth where all non-American countries are on the opposite side of the globe, and Moral Orel's church is in the center of the Midwest of the United States.

I totally get what you're saying Dark Lancer. Moral Orel. His church in the Midwest, USA. Spot on!

I found it!

http://video.adultswim.com/moral-orel/mo...ening.html

Just swap Moral Orel's church with a TLM parish and it's spot on accurate.
(09-09-2013, 01:58 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

I agree. There do seem to be a lot of TLMs in the Midwest. Me too, I'm getting tired. Time for bed.  :sleep:

I wish I could find a video of the "Moral Orel" opening where God gradually descends to an Earth where all non-American countries are on the opposite side of the globe, and Moral Orel's church is in the center of the Midwest of the United States.

I totally get what you're saying Dark Lancer. Moral Orel. His church in the Midwest, USA. Spot on!

I found it!

Oh that Moral Orel. Never mind.

TROLL ALERT. TROLL ALERT. TROLL ALERT.

(09-09-2013, 02:49 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 01:58 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

I found it!

Oh that Moral Orel. Never mind.

TROLL ALERT. TROLL ALERT. TROLL ALERT.

Why are you sounding the troll alert on yourself? 

There's no other Moral Orel that I know of, and I was speaking about TLMs geographically.  They're all in God's country: some dusty, forgotten place in the Midwest.
It starts in 10 minutes!  Any Okie Fish Eaters going?  I hope news and pics can be shared!

We can't go. Our SSPX Mass is at 3pm and we have to be there for the choir.
Just out of Mass. Our SSPX pastor praised Bishop Slattery as one of the best bishops, and for offering the Mass of All Times today in the cathedral. He added that if every bishop did this, it'd go a long way to ending the Crisis.
(10-13-2013, 02:50 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: It starts in 10 minutes!  Any Okie Fish Eaters going?  I hope news and pics can be shared!

We can't go. Our SSPX Mass is at 3pm and we have to be there for the choir.

It was beautiful!
Headed home from this with all 6 children in tow.  Stayed for the reception and rosary Benediction too.  I did not want to leave!  Bishop Slattery is such a gentle soul and went out of his way to take my 5yo under his wing.  "This child willl become someone," he told my husband.  There's got to be a way for us to move a bit closer to the TLM in Tulsa.
Wow!  There's several people on here who don't live too far from me. 

I went.  It dominated.

The best way to describe it is with this:

They played it at the end of the Mass.  It's so funny how I used to be baptist; if I never converted, I would have missed out on this kind of music.
Better late than never.  I attended Bp. Slattery's Pontifical High Mass with my daughter and two facts that made this extraordinary event even more special to me:

1.  As I understand it, this was the first Pontifical High Mass celebrated in Holy Family Cathedral since the advent of the Novus Ordo.

2. I didn't see it mentioned by anyone else on the thread, but at the conclusion of the Mass, Bishop Slattery consecrated the Diocese of Tulsa to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

The Tulsa diocese is truly blessed to have Bishop Slattery as its shepherd!