Okay so about that Fish Eaters convention.
(09-17-2013, 03:48 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: How about Assisi?

:grin: You devil, you.
(09-17-2013, 02:18 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: Now the idea was floated around I think a couple of weeks ago and though I have not heard anything either way on weather or not it will happen I would like to make a few requests.

1. That it be held at "fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada."

For one thing I have not been back for over a year (far too long) and plus if its good enough for the USCCB then it should be good enough for Fishys.

2. Drinks should be complementary.

Free alcohol is always good. I mean what are we Baptists... don't tell my wife I said that.

3. No wifes... unless part of the community.

If it is Vegas, why would I bring my wife? I would like to have "some" fun. Oh yeah, don't tell my wife.

That's all I can think of at this point. Any suggestions? feel free.
If your idea of "fun" is something that we shouldn't tell your wife, maybe you should go to confession.
??? ??? ???
(09-17-2013, 02:44 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 02:36 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 02:34 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: You are right I am being a sexist pig.

You can now read that as "no spouses" or "significant others" unless part of the community. Better?  :grin:

Yes, but now I'm shocked that you were actually serious.   :Hmm:

Actually, I would like to meet JayneK's husband.  I have some suggestions for her continued training.  :laughing:

Okay fine, you can bring your spouse or significant other, but that doesn't mean I have to... don't tell my wife.
If you are thinking of doing something that you wouldn't tell your wife then maybe you shouldn't go.
On a serious note, at this stage, rather than have our own conference, it might be more fruitful to find another conference that looks good and then try to get a number of members of Fish Eaters to go.  We could have T-shirts or something which identify us as a specific group, and it might lead to greater recognition of what the forum and website has to offer.  As we grow, that might allow us to hold our own conference at some point down the road. 

I'm going to play Dr. Phil here and try and find a happy medium.

Have the first in Indianapolis.  It is centrally located, and it would be easier for Vox to organize it there.  Then, if it goes over really good, have the next on the west coast, and then the next on the east coast, and then back to the heartland.  That way everyone gets a chance to attend at least occasionally.

Thoughts?
(09-17-2013, 04:16 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: I vote for Vox's city, and I pledge $20 for the endeavor.

Do I hear $100?  $500?  $1000?  $5000?  $10,000?

It's gonna take at least a few thousand dollars of seed money to get it off the ground, unless Vox wants to foot the bill.  :P
(09-18-2013, 10:36 AM)drummerboy Wrote: I'm going to play Dr. Phil here and try and find a happy medium.

Have the first in Indianapolis.  It is centrally located, and it would be easier for Vox to organize it there.  Then, if it goes over really good, have the next on the west coast, and then the next on the east coast, and then back to the heartland.  That way everyone gets a chance to attend at least occasionally.

Thoughts?

I agree. I was joshing before but Fall would be perfect temperature wise.So how do we organize one and finance it. We'd need to sell tickets and pay the speakers. I guess step one is finding the speakers and their price, then the appropriate size venue and it's cost  From those we can fix a price per seat.

tim
(09-18-2013, 11:21 AM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 04:16 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: I vote for Vox's city, and I pledge $20 for the endeavor.

Do I hear $100?  $500?  $1000?  $5000?  $10,000?

It's gonna take at least a few thousand dollars of seed money to get it off the ground, unless Vox wants to foot the bill.  :P

If I win the lottery I would!
If every single active member of FE kicked in a twenty every year for the next five years...

Barring hyperinflation and the collapse of the dollar, that'd be some serious cash for FE Meetup '18!
What if we each send a fiver to Vox each week to play the Indiana Lotto. that'd get us a FE HQ. Maybe we could solve two things one is moving FE up a notch, and put some of you graduates to work. Mother Angelica started making fishing lures, which I think she called St. Peters or something. Lots of work needs doing !

tim