Michael Voris and Mark Shea to debate: This should be interesting.
Shea is one of the most vitriolic and obnoxious defenders of the status quo. I agree with Tim that Voris will whup his butt.
(09-24-2013, 07:03 PM)IVSTINIVS Wrote:
(09-24-2013, 06:42 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: I hope they record this.

I want court-side seats!

Haha this is going to be awesome.

I hope it gets recorded as well. Thanks  :w2go:
I used to have a lot of respect for Mr. Shea, having said that I hope and fully expect Mr. Voris to wipe the floor with him.
I can't stand Mark Shea. I do like Michael Voris. I hope that this is recorded. I hope it's not going to cause too much division; instead I hope that these neo-cons start to appreciate our side better. I am only afraid that they wont, given that they already see Voris as an unstable loony. If he isn't totally careful by the way his opponent uses words and the way the media reports on this it could do his (and our) message more harm than good. Not that it would be his fault and not that he should back away because of that. I just hope the Holy Ghost inspires him.

Things are heating up. What did Our Lord say? Brother vs Brother. Seems that things are going that way right now.
(09-25-2013, 01:39 AM)Basilios Wrote: I can't stand Mark Shea. I do like Michael Voris. I hope that this is recorded. I hope it's not going to cause too much division; instead I hope that these neo-cons start to appreciate our side better. I am only afraid that they wont, given that they already see Voris as an unstable loony. If he isn't totally careful by the way his opponent uses words and the way the media reports on this it could do his (and our) message more harm than good. Not that it would be his fault and not that he should back away because of that. I just hope the Holy Ghost inspires him.

Things are heating up. What did Our Lord say? Brother vs Brother. Seems that things are going that way right now.

I agree...I don't wish Voris "wipes the floor" with Shea....I wish that this debate strengthens both men fervently and makes them more devoted to the Faith and spreading the Faith.

I don't want a zero-sum...I want both men to come out with a burning passion for Christ and His Church. What good is one man victor the other defeated as opposed to one man learning from the other and being a stronger defender of the Faith?
As iron sharpens iron...Proverbs 27:17
We should pray, because if Voris inspired by the Holy Ghost could change Shea's mind, the facade would begin to crumble. Think of the 25 percent of the NO'ers that are faithful coming over stronger to traddom. That'd be an addition of several million to traddom. That's a much stronger voice. Right now it's like the runoff from a stream, if he wins it'd be a torrent or a stream. Pray !!

tim
Anybody know if Voris attends the TLM?  What his attitude is towards traditionalists?
(09-25-2013, 12:47 PM)Tim Wrote: We should pray, because if Voris inspired by the Holy Ghost could change Shea's mind, the facade would begin to crumble. Think of the 25 percent of the NO'ers that are faithful coming over stronger to traddom. That'd be an addition of several million to traddom. That's a much stronger voice. Right now it's like the runoff from a stream, if he wins it'd be a torrent or a stream. Pray !!

tim

Exactly! Stop seeking division and start seeking more faithful. If Mark Shea (Idk know much about him so I won't say much) is a poor apologist as some on here seem to allude to, then we should pray and hope that he'll change from this. Not go down and defeat and continue to harden his heart to the Truth.
christulsa- Michael Voris will be in Tulsa on Oct. 26; come and ask him your question in person!

http://www.dominusest.us/