Michael Voris and Mark Shea to debate: This should be interesting.
"How do Laymen address the Crisis in the Church?”

It would be simple if we were all on the same page. Stop tithing until they clean up their act. But we are not on the same page because VII has torn the Church to pieces.

Interesting concept for a debate, but a waste of time really. They will solve nothing.
(09-25-2013, 01:28 PM)Whitey Wrote: "How do Laymen address the Crisis in the Church?”

It would be simple if we were all on the same page. Stop tithing until they clean up their act. But we are not on the same page because VII has torn the Church to pieces.

Interesting concept for a debate, but a waste of time really. They will solve nothing.

I agree with the contributions bit.  I only contribute to my local TLM Church, and (when I can) generously.  Stop supporting modernist parishes, and support the others like gangbusters.  Money talks, and bishops listen.
(09-25-2013, 12:59 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Anybody know if Voris attends the TLM?  What his attitude is towards traditionalists?

I don't know if Mr. Voris attends TLM regularly, but his studio chapel is set up "ad orientem" .
(09-25-2013, 01:49 PM)Gidge Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 12:59 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Anybody know if Voris attends the TLM?  What his attitude is towards traditionalists?

I don't know if Mr. Voris attends TLM regularly, but his studio chapel is set up "ad orientem" .

Voris did a vortex on the rosary.  It featured the luminous mysteries.  Not too Traditional.
He's struck a nerve with his video on the professional catholics being silent while Rome burns. It matters little the title as long as he makes a good case.

tim
(09-25-2013, 01:53 PM)onosurf Wrote:

Voris did a vortex on the rosary.  It featured the luminous mysteries.  Not too Traditional.

Yeah but I know one or two solid Trads who pray the Luminous and are just unaware or don't care about the controversy around it. Trads come in lots of shapes and sizes.

It does more harm than good trying to say what things people need to object to in order to be qualified as a Trad. I'm not saying you do this but I mean generally. I don't know what the litmus test for being a trad is or if there even is one (or if it's necessary) but to me Voris passes the test big time. Watch his show "Weapons of MASS destruction" it was excellent.

I don't think that is a fair assessment of how traditionally minded somebody is.
(09-25-2013, 02:03 PM)Basilios Wrote:

Yeah but I know one or two solid Trads who pray the Luminous and are just unaware or don't care about the controversy around it. Trads come in lots of shapes and sizes.

It does more harm than good trying to say what things people need to object to in order to be qualified as a Trad. I'm not saying you do this but I mean generally. I don't know what the litmus test for being a trad is or if there even is one (or if it's necessary) but to me Voris passes the test big time. Watch his show "Weapons of MASS destruction" it was excellent.

You seem to contradict yourself:  Don't know if some Trads are aware v. more harm that good trying to say what people need to object to

I would've kept on praying the luminous had somebody not told me the origins/history of the rosary and the concilliar add-on of the luminous mystery, and am thankful they did. 

Sometimes I think Voris is Traditional (more and more so lately), but every once in a while, I think NeoCath (this rosary example being one case in point).  I think Voris is complex.  I would love to have a beer with him.   I really like his program.

Voris is on record for his support of the TLM.  How he feels about traditionalists themselves, or specific groups within that category is not something I have seen him weigh in on. 
(09-25-2013, 02:37 PM)onosurf Wrote: I would've kept on praying the luminous had somebody not told me the origins/history of the rosary and the concilliar add-on of the luminous mystery, and am thankful they did. 

I would say the Luminous mysteries are a post-conciliar add on, as they were given to us by Pope JP II. 

I don't have a problem with these mysteries, as they focus on events in the life of Our Lord -- I don't pray them often, but do on occasion (e.g. Holy Thursday).

Remember that devotions over the past 2000 years have taken on many forms (e.g. Stations of the cross, Divine Office) and it wouldn't be "wrong" to say  a devotion that  is or is not currently popular.

It is, however hard to continue calling the Rosary "Our Lady's Psalter", as there are now 200 Aves instead of the original 150.