Michael Voris and Mark Shea to debate: This should be interesting.
One thing for sure those Luminous Mysteries should not divide us when there are real things to worry about.

tim
(09-25-2013, 02:03 PM)Basilios Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 01:53 PM)onosurf Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 01:49 PM)Gidge Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 12:59 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Anybody know if Voris attends the TLM?  What his attitude is towards traditionalists?

I don't know if Mr. Voris attends TLM regularly, but his studio chapel is set up "ad orientem" .

Voris did a vortex on the rosary.  It featured the luminous mysteries.  Not too Traditional.

I don't know what the litmus test for being a trad is or if there even is one

Simple. It begins with going exclusively to the Latin Mass and shunning the NO. It effects each and every Catholic because of the obligation to assist on Sundays and Holy Days of obligation.
(09-25-2013, 05:21 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 12:59 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Anybody know if Voris attends the TLM?  What his attitude is towards traditionalists?

I don't know if Mr. Voris attends TLM regularly, but his studio chapel is set up "ad orientem" .

Voris did a vortex on the rosary.  It featured the luminous mysteries.  Not too Traditional.

Simple. It begins with going exclusively to the Latin Mass and shunning the NO. It effects each and every Catholic because of the obligation to assist on Sundays and Holy Days of obligation.

And what is a "real trad" to do if there are no TLM's within a reasonable distance on a given Sunday?
(09-25-2013, 05:38 PM)devoutchristian Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:21 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:

And what is a "real trad" to do if there are no TLM's within a reasonable distance on a given Sunday?

First, what is reasonable? I know some families that drive 3+ hours to go to a Latin Mass every Sunday each way.

Second, there's Eastern Rite Masses.

Lastly, if "real trads" think the NO is not Catholic (and it's not), then why would they think that God would be pleased by it?

How badly does one want to give God the best and what he is due?
That's the 64,000 dollar question, and this is the divisor. What are the many, and I mean many to do. I've never heard a sound answer yet.

tim
(09-25-2013, 05:45 PM)Tim Wrote: That's the 64,000 dollar question, and this is the divisor. What are the many, and I mean many to do. I've never heard a sound answer yet.

tim

Most Catholics in the world who have access to the Novus Ordo do not have access to a traditional Catholic Mass which leaves most in a practical home alone position. But it only takes a few of these to band together and find a priest who will say the TLM for them, even if it is only a few times a year.

I hope Voris can really get to know more about the traditional movement from Michael Matt.
(09-25-2013, 06:13 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:45 PM)Tim Wrote: That's the 64,000 dollar question, and this is the divisor. What are the many, and I mean many to do. I've never heard a sound answer yet.

tim

Most Catholics in the world who have access to the Novus Ordo do not have access to a traditional Catholic Mass which leaves most in a practical home alone position. But it only takes a few of these to band together and find a priest who will say the TLM for them, even if it is only a few times a year.

I hope Voris can really get to know more about the traditional movement from Michael Matt.

I couldn't tell someone to do that, stay home. I think it's better to learn the Faith and until you can get to a TLM parish take the Sacraments at the NO, but steer clear of the goofiness.

tim

Whether one attends the NO Mass if that's all that's available is something one should leave to the individuals in that position, and their priests. I'd never tell anyone NOT to go and think it's a pretty nervy thing to say to someone, an assumption of authority we're not given. We do have the Church's precepts, and "even" "SSPXers" believe the NO Mass is valid (as do I, even though I think it pales in all ways but one with the TLM). I'd definitely, though, urge those folks to find a TLM if possible, even sacrificing a bit as they're able in order to attend *** -- and to do what they can to get one started up in their home parish.

*** Not everyone has a car to drive three hours. Not everyone can afford the gas if they do have a car. It's wonderful when people can do that (God bless their devotion!), but to expect everyone to or to judge them negatively if they don't isn't right.

(09-25-2013, 09:21 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Whether one attends the NO Mass if that's all that's available is something one should leave to the individuals in that position, and their priests. I'd never tell anyone NOT to go and think it's a pretty nervy thing to say to someone, an assumption of authority we're not given. We do have the Church's precepts, and "even" "SSPXers" believe the NO Mass is valid (as do I, even though I think it pales in all ways but one with the TLM). I'd definitely, though, urge those folks to find a TLM if possible, even sacrificing a bit as they're able in order to attend *** -- and to do what they can to get one started up in their home parish.

*** Not everyone has a car to drive three hours. Not everyone can afford the gas if they do have a car. It's wonderful when people can do that (God bless their devotion!), but to expect everyone to or to judge them negatively if they don't isn't right.

Thank you Vox for bringing sanity here.
Quote:It is, however hard to continue calling the Rosary "Our Lady's Psalter", as there are now 200 Aves instead of the original 150.
1. Most people don't pray 15 decades of the Rosary anymore, which would mean "Our Lady's Psalter" is now 50 Aves instead of 150.
2. The Rosary is a private devotion. One can pray it however one wishes. John Paul II, as an option for any who might like to use it, suggested the mysteries of Christ's public ministry.
Quote:  I don't know what the litmus test for being a trad is or if there even is one
Well this might help. http://fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html