Michael Voris and Mark Shea to debate: This should be interesting.
(09-25-2013, 11:59 AM)austenbosten Wrote: [Things are heating up. What did Our Lord say? Brother vs Brother. Seems that things are going that way right now.

I agree...I don't wish Voris "wipes the floor" with Shea....I wish that this debate strengthens both men fervently and makes them more devoted to the Faith and spreading the Faith.

I don't want a zero-sum...I want both men to come out with a burning passion for Christ and His Church. What good is one man victor the other defeated as opposed to one man learning from the other and being a stronger defender of the Faith?

A beautiful voice of  reason.  Thank you!
(09-25-2013, 02:47 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 12:59 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Anybody know if Voris attends the TLM?  What his attitude is towards traditionalists?

Voris is on record for his support of the TLM.  How he feels about traditionalists themselves, or specific groups within that category is not something I have seen him weigh in on. 

He does attend a TLM and drives quite a few miles to get there.  Assumption Grotto Church is in a very dangerous section of Detroit, but that doesn't bother the people who go out of their way to attend their liturgies.
(09-26-2013, 07:05 AM)Sirach2 Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 02:47 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 12:59 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Anybody know if Voris attends the TLM?  What his attitude is towards traditionalists?

Voris is on record for his support of the TLM.  How he feels about traditionalists themselves, or specific groups within that category is not something I have seen him weigh in on. 

He does attend a TLM and drives quite a few miles to get there.  Assumption Grotto Church is in a very dangerous section of Detroit, but that doesn't bother the people who go out of their way to attend their liturgies.

The old "Put the TLM in the ghetto" trick  ---then offer the Mass at night -- when nobody shows up the liberal Bishop can triumphantly proclaim "There's no interest" in the TLM !  :eyeroll:
(09-25-2013, 05:45 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:38 PM)devoutchristian Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:21 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 02:03 PM)Basilios Wrote:   I don't know what the litmus test for being a trad is or if there even is one

Simple. It begins with going exclusively to the Latin Mass and shunning the NO. It effects each and every Catholic because of the obligation to assist on Sundays and Holy Days of obligation.

And what is a "real trad" to do if there are no TLM's within a reasonable distance on a given Sunday?

First, what is reasonable? I know some families that drive 3+ hours to go to a Latin Mass every Sunday each way.

Second, there's Eastern Rite Masses.

Lastly, if "real trads" think the NO is not Catholic (and it's not), then why would they think that God would be pleased by it?

How badly does one want to give God the best and what he is due?

I am a "real trad" according the the definition used in this forum (the one on the FE website).  And I believe the NO is Catholic.  I attend it regularly because I try to attend Mass daily and do not have the TLM available to me during the week.  And, because I want to give God the best and what He is due, I try to worship Him at the NO with all the reverence, attention and devotion of which I am capable.  It turns out that I am pretty bad at it.  I have come to see that I need to be putting my energy into what I actually have some control over - fixing my attitudes and behaviour at Mass.  I don't have much left to deal with worrying about the problems with the NO as a rite.  That's OK because critiquing the Mass is not my job, worshiping God is.
(09-26-2013, 02:43 PM)JayneK Wrote: It turns out that I am pretty bad at it.  I have come to see that I need to be putting my energy into what I actually have some control over - fixing my attitudes and behaviour at Mass.  I don't have much left to deal with worrying about the problems with the NO as a rite.   That's OK because critiquing the Mass is not my job, worshiping God is.

As should be the primary duty for all laity

:amen: :w2go: :clap:

Love the Lord your God with all your might!