Critique of Pope Francis' interview with American Magazine by Louie Verrecchio
(09-25-2013, 01:49 PM)onosurf Wrote: Is that site sedevacantist?  I don't think so, but please correct me if I am in error.

If Pope Francis is a modernist, he wouldn't be the first pope who has fallen into heresy.  Nevertheless, it is a big deal if the shepherd falls into error.
It sure seems to me.

They way they ridicule the Church clergy, Popes and religious is disgusting. Many sedevacantists are not that uncharitable.

TIA is the same cesspool as that mouth Martin Luther had on him. All hate and no love.
(09-25-2013, 02:14 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 01:49 PM)onosurf Wrote: Is that site sedevacantist?  I don't think so, but please correct me if I am in error.

If Pope Francis is a modernist, he wouldn't be the first pope who has fallen into heresy.  Nevertheless, it is a big deal if the shepherd falls into error.
It sure seems to me.

They way they ridicule the Church clergy, Popes and religious is disgusting. Many sedevacantists are not that uncharitable.

TIA is the same cesspool as that mouth Martin Luther had on him. All hate and no love.

TIA would likely claim they do what they do, putting a spotlight on all the modernism that is prevalent in the concilliar church, is done out of love for Catholicism. 

TIA is not sedevacantist.  You may disagree with their take and methods, but be mindful of calumny. 
(09-25-2013, 02:27 PM)onosurf Wrote: TIA would likely claim they do what they do, putting a spotlight on all the modernism that is prevalent in the concilliar church, is done out of love for Catholicism.   

TIA is not sedevacantist.   You may disagree with their take and methods, but be mindful of calumny. 

I retract my statement claiming they are sedevacantist...but any site that declares Pope Benedict XVI a heretic is disgusting and clearly leaning towards schism.

Their supposed "love" for Catholicism in no way should mask their blatant disobedience to the Magesterium. They are not in any ecclesiastical authority to declare a Pope a heretic.
(09-25-2013, 03:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 02:27 PM)onosurf Wrote: TIA would likely claim they do what they do, putting a spotlight on all the modernism that is prevalent in the concilliar church, is done out of love for Catholicism.   

TIA is not sedevacantist.   You may disagree with their take and methods, but be mindful of calumny. 

I retract my statement claiming they are sedevacantist...but any site that declares Pope Benedict XVI a heretic is disgusting and clearly leaning towards schism.

Their supposed "love" for Catholicism in no way should mask their blatant disobedience to the Magesterium. They are not in any ecclesiastical authority to declare a Pope a heretic.

A heretic can ipso facto separate himself before a legal declaration is made. Just sayin'.
(09-25-2013, 03:34 PM)OldMan Wrote: A heretic can ipso facto separate himself before a legal declaration is made. Just sayin'.

Yes, but it's not up to us or any layperson to declare that.
(09-25-2013, 04:05 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 03:34 PM)OldMan Wrote: A heretic can ipso facto separate himself before a legal declaration is made. Just sayin'.

It's not about "declaration," but about observation.
I seriously can't believe what I am reading  :O

Are people seriously trying to defend a website that charges the last 3 popes as being heretics?
(09-25-2013, 05:23 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I seriously can't believe what I am reading  :O

Are people seriously trying to defend a website that charges the last 3 popes as being heretics?

No, but you need to be educated in Catholic ecclesiology. There doesn't have to be a declaration. It is automatic.

Is it hard for you to believe that a pope call fall into heresy? Because it wasn't for the Church, she spoke about it many, many times in the past.
(09-25-2013, 05:29 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:23 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I seriously can't believe what I am reading  :O

No, but you need to be educated in Catholic ecclesiology. There doesn't have to be a declaration. It is automatic.

Is it hard for you to believe that a pope call fall into heresy? Because it wasn't for the Church, she spoke about it many, many times in the past.

And you're not reading my comments. A pope can fall into heresy, but it's not up to laypeople....especially those on the Internet hiding behind anonymous avatars to make that accusation.

TIA is making false accusations and it seems that there is possibly some sort of agreement. Disgusting! I won't engage this any further.
(09-25-2013, 04:05 PM)austenbosten Wrote:

No one is declaring anything. It is a fact. Quit making excuses for the Modernists.