Critique of Pope Francis' interview with American Magazine by Louie Verrecchio
(09-25-2013, 03:34 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 03:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 02:27 PM)onosurf Wrote: TIA would likely claim they do what they do, putting a spotlight on all the modernism that is prevalent in the concilliar church, is done out of love for Catholicism.   

TIA is not sedevacantist.   You may disagree with their take and methods, but be mindful of calumny. 

I retract my statement claiming they are sedevacantist...but any site that declares Pope Benedict XVI a heretic is disgusting and clearly leaning towards schism.

Their supposed "love" for Catholicism in no way should mask their blatant disobedience to the Magesterium. They are not in any ecclesiastical authority to declare a Pope a heretic.

A heretic can ipso facto separate himself before a legal declaration is made. Just sayin'.

Advocating sedevacantism is against forum rules.
"Is it permitted for Catholics to be present at, or take part in, conventions, gatherings, meetings, or societies of non-Catholics which aim to associate together under a single agreement all who in any way lay claim to the name of Christian? In the negative! It is clear, therefore, why this Apostolic See has never allowed its subjects to take part in the assemblies of non-Catholics. There is only one way in which the unity of Christians may be fostered, and that is by furthering the return to the one true Church of Christ of those who are separated from her." Pope Pius XI

[Image: pope_john_paul_ii_assisi425.jpg]

"If any clergyman or layman shall go into the synagogue of the Jews or to the meetings of heretics to join in prayer with them, let them be deposed and deprived of Communion." III Council of Constantinople

[Image: thCABIHVTQ.jpg]

(09-25-2013, 06:01 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:29 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:23 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I seriously can't believe what I am reading  :O

Are people seriously trying to defend a website that charges the last 3 popes as being heretics?

No, but you need to be educated in Catholic ecclesiology. There doesn't have to be a declaration. It is automatic.

Is it hard for you to believe that a pope call fall into heresy? Because it wasn't for the Church, she spoke about it many, many times in the past.

And you're not reading my comments. A pope can fall into heresy, but it's not up to laypeople....especially those on the Internet hiding behind anonymous avatars to make that accusation.

TIA is making false accusations and it seems that there is possibly some sort of agreement. Disgusting! I won't engage this any further.

I think there are some FE members who believe that recent popes have been heretics.  However, people who think this tend to gravitate toward forums that allow that view to be freely expressed.  Personally I do not think that they were heretics, nor do I think that people here would be competent to declare (or observe) a pope is a heretic, unless it were something drastic like denying a tenet of the Creed.
(09-25-2013, 06:52 PM)JayneK Wrote: I think there are some FE members who believe that recent popes have been heretics.  However, people who think this tend to gravitate toward forums that allow that view to be freely expressed.  Personally I do not think that they were heretics, nor do I think that people here would be competent to declare (or observe) a pope is a heretic, unless it were something drastic like denying a tenet of the Creed.

You are right JayneK...just as I should expect liberal-Modernist cafeteria Catholics on CAF; I should expect draconian-schimatic/sedevacantist cafeteria Catholics on FE.

sigh...it's sad that this is the reality of the Internet
(09-25-2013, 06:52 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:23 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I seriously can't believe what I am reading  :O

Are people seriously trying to defend a website that charges the last 3 popes as being heretics?

No, but you need to be educated in Catholic ecclesiology. There doesn't have to be a declaration. It is automatic.

Is it hard for you to believe that a pope call fall into heresy? Because it wasn't for the Church, she spoke about it many, many times in the past.

And you're not reading my comments. A pope can fall into heresy, but it's not up to laypeople....especially those on the Internet hiding behind anonymous avatars to make that accusation.

TIA is making false accusations and it seems that there is possibly some sort of agreement. Disgusting! I won't engage this any further.

nor do I think that people here would be competent to declare (or observe) a pope is a heretic, 

Jayne, you were a convert, right? You had the competence to decide, with God's grace, that the Catholic Church was Christ's Church, right?
(09-25-2013, 06:32 PM)devoutchristian Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 03:34 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 03:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 02:27 PM)onosurf Wrote: TIA would likely claim they do what they do, putting a spotlight on all the modernism that is prevalent in the concilliar church, is done out of love for Catholicism.   

TIA is not sedevacantist.   You may disagree with their take and methods, but be mindful of calumny. 

I retract my statement claiming they are sedevacantist...but any site that declares Pope Benedict XVI a heretic is disgusting and clearly leaning towards schism.

Their supposed "love" for Catholicism in no way should mask their blatant disobedience to the Magesterium. They are not in any ecclesiastical authority to declare a Pope a heretic.

A heretic can ipso facto separate himself before a legal declaration is made. Just sayin'.

Advocating sedevacantism is against forum rules.

Yeah, I'm violating forum rules by stating a fact that separating one's self form the Church can take place without a declaratory sentence. Show me where I'm advocating sedevacantism. You live in Wonderland!
(09-25-2013, 07:08 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 06:52 PM)JayneK Wrote:

nor do I think that people here would be competent to declare (or observe) a pope is a heretic, 

Jayne, you were a convert, right? You had the competence to decide, with God's grace, that the Catholic Church was Christ's Church, right?

Now she is a doctor of the Church...
Louie Verrecchio is the author of this, not TIA. I just posted this because I thought it was interesting that a non sspx [as far as I know], non sede came to this conclusion.
@ JMartyr

I'm not judging the article you posted, I'm judging the website that the article was on. I read the article on Louie Verrecchio's blog and it is disturbing but sincere (can't say much about TIA that decided to take it and say "see da popes a heretic!"), but then again...it's one man's opinion.

Pope's are human as us. I think some traditionalist Catholics (and I wouldn't call the people on TIA, Catholic) forget this.
No, he must be some sort of crypto sede. After all no one else but a sede would conclude there's something very rotten in Denmark!