Critique of Pope Francis' interview with American Magazine by Louie Verrecchio
(09-25-2013, 01:05 PM)austenbosten Wrote: But that doesn't change that if you want things to change you need to get out there and get active and stop whining that we don't have a magic pope who will consecrate Russia to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart and magic, fairy sprinkle-dust is spread everywhere and everyone is happy living in a Catholic-monoarchial-distributionist society as one collective commune under God.

That "magic fairy sprinkle-dust" ....it is Grace, and nothing, NOTHING that you hope for, will come to pass without Grace.  Faith, Hope, and Love are only possible by Grace, and Grace comes through Our Lady. 
(09-25-2013, 07:28 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Pope's are human as us. I think some traditionalist Catholics (and I wouldn't call the people on TIA, Catholic) forget this.

Would you call the pictures I posted above Catholic? Because the "competent" authority, Holy Mother Church, has condemned actions such as these.

The question becomes this: If JPII had approached you and asked, "Austen, would you come into this mosque with me and pray with these muslims?", would you do it? If so, why? If not, why not?

(09-25-2013, 07:31 PM)Landless Laborer Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 01:05 PM)austenbosten Wrote: But that doesn't change that if you want things to change you need to get out there and get active and stop whining that we don't have a magic pope who will consecrate Russia to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart and magic, fairy sprinkle-dust is spread everywhere and everyone is happy living in a Catholic-monoarchial-distributionist society as one collective commune under God.

That "magic fairy sprinkle-dust" ....it is Grace, and nothing, NOTHING that you hope for, will come to pass without Grace.  Faith, Hope, and Love are only possible by Grace, and Grace comes through Our Lady. 

Yes but some people think that the Consecration of Russia will bring on the Second Coming and bring a world-wide utopia. All Our Lady promised was peace and there were more peaceful times than now.

You can't do anything to consecrate Russia and I can't, so people need to quit whining about it and focus on evangelizing. I see far more incessant whining and bemoaning than actual evangelizing.
(09-25-2013, 07:28 PM)austenbosten Wrote: @ JMartyr

I'm not judging the article you posted, I'm judging the website that the article was on. I read the article on Louie Verrecchio's blog and it is disturbing but sincere (can't say much about TIA that decided to take it and say "see da popes a heretic!"), but then again...it's one man's opinion.

Pope's are human as us. I think some traditionalist Catholics (and I wouldn't call the people on TIA, Catholic) forget this.
I don't always agree with everything on the TIA website. In my opinion, some things they post shouldn't be. But they are Catholic. After reading this... is Pope Francis? Who am I to judge?
(09-25-2013, 07:43 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 07:31 PM)Landless Laborer Wrote:

Yes but some people think that the Consecration of Russia will bring on the Second Coming and bring a world-wide utopia. All Our Lady promised was peace and there were more peaceful times than now.

You can't do anything to consecrate Russia and I can't, so people need to quit whining about it and focus on evangelizing. I see far more incessant whining and bemoaning than actual evangelizing.

A page out of Francis' play book.
(09-25-2013, 07:41 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 07:28 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Pope's are human as us. I think some traditionalist Catholics (and I wouldn't call the people on TIA, Catholic) forget this.

Would you call the pictures I posted above Catholic? Because the "competent" authority, Holy Mother Church, has condemned actions such as these.

The question becomes this: If JPII had approached you and asked, "Austen, would you come into this mosque with me and pray with these muslims?", would you do it? If so, why? If not, why not?

May I ask if you are a sedevacantist?
(09-25-2013, 08:07 PM)OldMan Wrote: A page out of Francis' play book.

Yep I'm on the Catholic team.
(09-25-2013, 07:41 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:

I would have said, "No, Your Holiness. That is heresy and I will not offend God with that action." I would have love to have seen the look on his face and hear his reply...
(09-25-2013, 07:08 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 06:52 PM)JayneK Wrote:   nor do I think that people here would be competent to declare (or observe) a pope is a heretic, 

Jayne, you were a convert, right? You had the competence to decide, with God's grace, that the Catholic Church was Christ's Church, right?

It was all grace and no competence.  I was so clueless about what being Catholic means that it's scarey. 
(09-25-2013, 07:20 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 07:08 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: Jayne, you were a convert, right? You had the competence to decide, with God's grace, that the Catholic Church was Christ's Church, right?

Now she is a doctor of the Church...

I think you need to wait for me to be canonized for that.  (Hint: Don't hold your breath.)