Critique of Pope Francis' interview with American Magazine by Louie Verrecchio
(09-26-2013, 10:14 AM)onosurf Wrote: If anyone says anything critical about the pope, they are sedevacantist?  But, you retract your statement about TIA being sede. 

You are imbibed in VII speak.  You should negotiate, on behalf of Rome, with the SSPX.

There is a difference in criticism and just outright condemnation. You can chastise me all you want about "being drunk with Vatican II speak" and whatnot. But I have made my case. I will not call His Holiness a heretic, I will not consistently bash and ridicule the visible Church in Her hour of need, and I don't think all this harsh criticism and judgment of Holy Father and inflammatory sites like TIA are in anyway helpful or Catholic.

That's my take and that's how I sleep at night. You can take it or leave it, but don't think your snarky tone is going to anyway change my views. However I do thank you and others who seemed to be harsh on me for standing up for His Holiness...it points out to me that it's not just the apostate-liberal Catholics who are the problem...it seems everyone is a Roman pontiff and can do a better job than the past and current Roman pontiff.
(09-25-2013, 09:25 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 08:55 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 07:08 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 06:52 PM)JayneK Wrote:   nor do I think that people here would be competent to declare (or observe) a pope is a heretic, 

Jayne, you were a convert, right? You had the competence to decide, with God's grace, that the Catholic Church was Christ's Church, right?

It was all grace and no competence.  I was so clueless about what being Catholic means that it's scarey. 

Jayne, come on. At some point you made an intellectual asent to what the Church teaches.

My RCIA was so bad that I knew almost nothing about what the Church teaches.  The program emphasized all the stuff that I already believed as a Protestant.  I joined the Church thinking that the Church was lucky to be getting a good Christian like me around to improve things.  I was foolish and ignorant and arrogant.  (Yes, even worse than I am now.  :P )
(09-25-2013, 11:53 AM)austenbosten Wrote: I won't read that garbage on that sedevacantist site...
Tradition in Action isn't sedevacantist.
(09-26-2013, 12:06 PM)Geremia Wrote: Tradition in Action isn't sedevacantist.

That's why I said later on, that I retracted that statement.
(09-26-2013, 10:22 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 10:14 AM)onosurf Wrote: If anyone says anything critical about the pope, they are sedevacantist?  But, you retract your statement about TIA being sede. 

You are imbibed in VII speak.  You should negotiate, on behalf of Rome, with the SSPX.

There is a difference in criticism and just outright condemnation. You can chastise me all you want about "being drunk with Vatican II speak" and whatnot. But I have made my case. I will not call His Holiness a heretic, I will not consistently bash and ridicule the visible Church in Her hour of need, and I don't think all this harsh criticism and judgment of Holy Father and inflammatory sites like TIA are in anyway helpful or Catholic.

That's my take and that's how I sleep at night. You can take it or leave it, but don't think your snarky tone is going to anyway change my views. However I do thank you and others who seemed to be harsh on me for standing up for His Holiness...it points out to me that it's not just the apostate-liberal Catholics who are the problem...it seems everyone is a Roman pontiff and can do a better job than the past and current Roman pontiff.

Guess who's the new caterer to the "apostate-liberal Catholics at their "cafeteria?" Your man!
(09-26-2013, 01:08 PM)OldMan Wrote: Guess who's the new caterer to the "apostate-liberal Catholics at their "cafeteria?" Your man!

If you are a Catholic and not a sedevacantist , he's "Your man!" too. He's the Pope; the Vicar of Christ to all whether they choose to believe it or not.

I'm certainly not a Pope Francis "fan-boy" as you desire to see me as one...but I'm certainly not on the "hate-train" either, both are extreme positions and both are positions reserved for fools and slothful Catholics.
(09-26-2013, 01:31 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 01:08 PM)OldMan Wrote: Guess who's the new caterer to the "apostate-liberal Catholics at their "cafeteria?" Your man!

If you are a Catholic and not a sedevacantist , he's "Your man!" too. He's the Pope; the Vicar of Christ to all whether they choose to believe it or not.

I'm certainly not a Pope Francis "fan-boy" as you desire to see me as one...but I'm certainly not on the "hate-train" either, both are extreme positions and both are positions reserved for fools and slothful Catholics.

I believe that OldMan is a sedevacantist.
(09-26-2013, 01:56 PM)devoutchristian Wrote:

I think that OldMan tries to respect the forum rules about leaving that topic alone and so should we all.
(09-26-2013, 02:07 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 01:56 PM)devoutchristian Wrote:

I think that OldMan tries to respect the forum rules about leaving that topic alone and so should we all.

I didn't bring it up. I was just trying to be helpful to austenbosten.
Louie Verrecchio did a very good twelve part series (A Conversation With...) about Vatican II that's available to ChurchMilitant.tv premium subscribers.  I think the series was recorded this summer.  He's pretty restrained in the interviews.  Louie is clearly not a sede and he seems to be very logical and organized in his thought process.