The Low Churchman's Guide to the Solemn High Mass - Anglican Satire
And this, from the post on Gregorian Chant, could have been written by half the NO 'liturgists' and choir directors in North America,  with a change of the words 'high church' to 'preconciliar'! :LOL:
Quote:Gregorian chant, also known as ‘plainchant’ or ‘plainsong,’ is a form of so-called ‘music’ developed in order to stifle true congregational participation. In contrast to the apostolic simplicity of modern church music, Gregorian chant contains long and complex musical phrases, often containing dozens of notes on a single word (its practitioners call this ‘melismatic style’). These long melodic lines symbolize the chains of High Church doctrine, by which innocent Christians are ensnared by the bishop of Rome. It is typically performed in a style known as “a cappella,” indicating that neither guitars nor drums are used.
Well, I've finished them all, going from chuckling to laughing out loud at each one. Again, thanks, Saint Anselmo! I've subscribed to make sure I don't miss any further posts!
(09-27-2013, 03:07 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Well, I've finished them all, going from chuckling to laughing out loud at each one. Again, thanks, Saint Anselmo! I've subscribed to make sure I don't miss any further posts!

You're welcome!
Gin !! Brilliant !!

tim
(09-26-2013, 10:50 PM)Joshua Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 05:48 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 03:30 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 01:15 PM)OldMan Wrote: Another probable reason why the Anglicans (in the person of the Archlayman of Canterbury) were wished a fruitful ministry by the likes of John Paul II et al. Their noxious attitudes can be passed on to unsuspecting Catholics. Nothing like mocking Catholic ritual you know!

Did you bother to read the site or do you understand the concept of satire? Far from mocking Catholic ritual, the author of the website is defending its use in the Anglican Church by the use of satire. If he had been mocking it, I wouldn't have found it amusing, even as an Anglo-Catholic.
You don't use satire with regard to sacred things. Besides who gives a flying rip what liturgy the Anglicans use. They are still playing church as they have no apostolic mission to fulfill - unless of course you agree with soon-to-be
St. JP II.

The satire is not directed at the liturgy, but at the perceptions "low-churchmen" have toward "high-church" ritual. Nearly all of what they so wittily address is more than applicable to Catholic circles where "low church" and "high church" camps are just as prevalent, not to mention that most of what Anglo-Catholics do liturgically is identical to what many traditional Catholics do as well (often, ironically, in a much more superior way).

So just calm down, bud.  :) The only cause for debate here is the artificial one you're trying to force onto this lighthearted thread.

I am calm – really calm. No debate needed or wanted. I commented and a response was made. Purpose of the forum, right?