Francis Anathemized

Damn
(09-26-2013, 03:12 AM)Whitey Wrote:

Damn

Hi Whitey,

Who is the gentleman speaking on this video? What Church is he with? Is his Church under Rome? What country? Thanks.
That is Father Elias Dohnal who is pretending to be the Catholic Patriarch of the Ukraine but he isn't. The real Patriarch excommunicated him and three others. Father Dohnal has also "anathematized" John Paul II and Benedict XVI.
"
They were subsequently excommunicated in 2008 after being found guilty, according to the Code of Canons of the Eastern Churches, of illegitimate usurpation of authority, inciting sedition and hatred toward people in the church hierarchy, provoking disobedience, and seriously damaging a person's good name through calumny, the doctrinal office said.

It said the so-called bishops recently sought to register with Ukrainian authorities as the "Ukrainian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church," a movement the four, with three other priests, established in 2009.

"The Holy See has followed with great apprehension" the group's unsuccessful attempt to register itself as part of the Catholic Church and said it was "illegitimate and illicit" for any group not recognized by the proper ecclesial authorities to assume the name "Catholic."
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories...201284.htm
Very sad.
That's both sad and funny. I wish someone recorded a video of himself anathemising Fr Dohnal :LOL:.
Yeah this is the kind of stuff which makes FE.

tim
Tim, I don't agree with him, I just wanted to see what others thought about it. I didn't know he was excommunicated, but since Cetil mentioned it, I think I did see the one with him talking about Pope BXVI. That was a few years ago iirc.
And to top it all off, he's not even Ukrainian! He's a Moravian, born in what is now the Czech Republic. He was ordained in the Latin Rite Church in Czechoslovakia back in the early 70s and was deeply involved in the 'charismatic movement' before he switched rites. Plus, he and his co-'bishops' of the 'Ukrainian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church' have never revealed when, where or by whom they were 'consecrated'.

If he and his cohorts weren't priests, I'd put them in the same category as 'Pope Michael', but at least they're not claiming Fr Dohnal is Pope, just a Patriarch with the power to anathematise the Pope! :LOL:
(09-26-2013, 10:39 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: And to top it all off, he's not even Ukrainian! He's a Moravian, born in what is now the Czech Republic. He was ordained in the Latin Rite Church in Czechoslovakia back in the early 70s and was deeply involved in the 'charismatic movement' before he switched rites. Plus, he and his co-'bishops' of the 'Ukrainian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church' have never revealed when, where or by whom they were 'consecrated'.

If he and his cohorts weren't priests, I'd put them in the same category as 'Pope Michael', but at least they're not claiming Fr Dohnal is Pope, just a Patriarch with the power to anathematise the Pope! :LOL:

Hey you mind your tongue before Pope Michael anathematizes you with his anathematizing gun and when it anathematizes you stay anathematized.

You know, it's funny about "Pope" Michael. He's an easy guy to crack jokes about -- I mean, his parents "elected" him so, "therefore," he IS "the Pope", his little Okie town "is" now the "center of Christendom," etc.  -- how silly, eh? But I watched this documentary on him and actually kinda like the guy, as messed-up in the head as he is about matters concerning the Catholic hierarchy. His Mamma seems to be a real sweetheart. Seriously, check it out:

Kind of hard not to like the man, isn't it? Or maybe I tend to be a "softie" when it comes to people and find folks more likeable and interesting than most others do. In any case, he needs prayers -- as does anyone who actually believes he is the Pope (like his Mamma).

-- and hey, for the sede-haters out there, at least he's not a sedevacantist! :P

Eh, God bless us, every one. Sigh.