Francis Anathemized
lol, I had some fun one night in the chatroom

I entered as "Pope Michael". I forget who all was in there, but a couple of them humored me ... or I humored them ...  :LOL:

long time ago
(09-26-2013, 11:52 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: -- and hey, for the sede-haters out there, at least he's not a sedevacantist! :P

He thought he saw an empty chair and took a seat.

He's a likeable guy, but for some reason I don't like him. But I see what you mean, Vox.
(09-26-2013, 11:52 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: (H)is little Okie town "is" now the "center of Christendom," etc. ...

As much as I'd like to pawn him off on the Okies, the fact is that he's a Kansan. In fact, he figured in a book written in 2004 by a liberal Democrat called 'What's the Matter with Kansas', in a chapter entitled, 'Antipopes among us'.
Pope Michael is very homespun or "down home".
WHAT! No red slippers!?
[Image: david-bawden-pope-michael-460x308.jpg]
(09-26-2013, 11:52 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: You know, it's funny about "Pope" Michael. He's an easy guy to crack jokes about -- I mean, his parents "elected" him so, "therefore," he IS "the Pope", his little Okie town "is" now the "center of Christendom," etc.  -- how silly, eh? But I watched this documentary on him and actually kinda like the guy, as messed-up in the head as he is about matters concerning the Catholic hierarchy. His Mamma seems to be a real sweetheart. Seriously, check it out:

Kind of hard not to like the man, isn't it? Or maybe I tend to be a "softie" when it comes to people and find folks more likeable and interesting than most others do. In any case, he needs prayers -- as does anyone who actually believes he is the Pope (like his Mamma).

-- and hey, for the sede-haters out there, at least he's not a sedevacantist! :P

Eh, God bless us, every one. Sigh.
Crazy people are always more interesting and likable than regular ones.
By the way, this gentleman also looks nice.
[Image: Gregory_XVIII.jpg]
His Unholiness Bishop of Palmar de Troya Patriarch of All Milky Way, Pope Gregory XVIII.
Pope Michael has Holy Orders. He was consecrated by some rogue Bishops of some weird Catholic breakaway sect as far as I remember. But yeah he is a Bishop now.
(09-27-2013, 07:37 AM)Basilios Wrote: Pope Michael has Holy Orders. He was consecrated by some rogue Bishops of some weird Catholic breakaway sect as far as I remember. But yeah he is a Bishop now.

His Facebook page shows him being consecrated by one bishop who has a tattoo. But he did kiss the "pope's" ring when he finished:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.403269786369604.105467.205851636111421&type=3
Only a bishop can become pope (if a presbyter or a layman is elected, he has to be consectrated/ordained first). So the main argument of Pope Michael's 'legitimacy' to the Petrine Throne is invalid, as he said that "Pius XIII" was an anti-pope due to the first come first served rule. However, he himself was not a bishop then. And Pius XIII consecrated the one who consecrated him. Pretty laughable.
Yes I feel sorry for "Pope" Michael and like him too. Poor man.
(09-26-2013, 11:52 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: You know, it's funny about "Pope" Michael. He's an easy guy to crack jokes about -- I mean, his parents "elected" him so, "therefore," he IS "the Pope", his little Okie town "is" now the "center of Christendom," etc.  -- how silly, eh? But I watched this documentary on him and actually kinda like the guy, as messed-up in the head as he is about matters concerning the Catholic hierarchy. His Mamma seems to be a real sweetheart. Seriously, check it out:

Kind of hard not to like the man, isn't it? Or maybe I tend to be a "softie" when it comes to people and find folks more likeable and interesting than most others do. In any case, he needs prayers -- as does anyone who actually believes he is the Pope (like his Mamma).

-- and hey, for the sede-haters out there, at least he's not a sedevacantist! :P

Eh, God bless us, every one. Sigh.

I've become email pen pals with Mr. Bawden. I haven't convinced him yet he isn't the pope.  :). But he is sincere, amicable, and a very hospitable guy.  Next time we visit St. Mary's I would like to visit him (he lives nearby).