"Our priority is to be at the frontier of compassion": Dublin Catholic hospital
"Our priority is to be at the frontier of compassion"
Dublin Catholic hospital to start performing abortions...

Francis called for compassion and less emphasis on condemning abortion, contraception, and sodomy, didn't he?
(09-26-2013, 12:04 PM)Geremia Wrote: Francis called for compassion and less emphasis on condemning abortion, contraception, and sodomy, didn't he?

This is very very sad. This is especially sad since our fellow Catholics are assisting in this. May we all increase in the fervency of our prayers to end this scourge of child-killing.

However, I wouldn't jump the hurdles to show that their is a correlation between HH Pope Francis' comments and behavior like this. I think doing so is intellectually dishonest, since it implies that certain comments he has made, in or out of context, which aren't against Church teaching, cause things of this nature. What of his comments made last Friday denouncing abortions as a symptom of today's "throw-away culture?"

Perhaps we may not agree with His Holiness' style, or supposed focus (or lack thereof) on any given issue, but to link this travesty to him is out of line, IMO.
(09-26-2013, 01:23 PM)IVSTINIVS Wrote: This is very very sad. This is especially sad since our fellow Catholics are assisting in this. May we all increase in the fervency of our prayers to end this scourge of child-killing.

However, I wouldn't jump the hurdles to show that their is a correlation between HH Pope Francis' comments and behavior like this. I think doing so is intellectually dishonest, since it implies that certain comments he has made, in or out of context, which aren't against Church teaching, cause things of this nature. What of his comments made last Friday denouncing abortions as a symptom of today's "throw-away culture?"

Perhaps we may not agree with His Holiness' style, or supposed focus (or lack thereof) on any given issue, but to link this travesty to him is out of line, IMO.

Or we can all act like Martin Luther and hurl all sorts of nasty accusations at His Holiness...after all, we have Sacred Scripture and the Apostolic documents preceding The Second Vatican Council....we don't need no stinkin' pope!

I agree the Pope-bashing is getting really tiresome, just as tiresome as the "happy-talk" coming from the other side of the aisle.
(09-26-2013, 01:23 PM)IVSTINIVS Wrote: However, I wouldn't jump the hurdles to show that their is a correlation between HH Pope Francis' comments and behavior like this. I think doing so is intellectually dishonest, since it implies that certain comments he has made, in or out of context, which aren't against Church teaching, cause things of this nature. What of his comments made last Friday denouncing abortions as a symptom of today's "throw-away culture?"

He has the power to excommunicate. Has he exercised this power?
(09-26-2013, 01:36 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Or we can all act like Martin Luther and hurl all sorts of nasty accusations at His Holiness...after all, we have Sacred Scripture and the Apostolic documents preceding The Second Vatican Council....we don't need no stinkin' pope!
He was not infallible in his La Civiltà Cattolica interview.

What I've seen amongst many ex-Catholics or non-Catholics, is that they sadly think Francis is being hypocritical for saying one thing one day and another the next. Let us pray he be clear because he's sowing a lot of confusion, among both Catholics and non-Catholics.
(09-26-2013, 03:23 PM)Geremia Wrote: Let us pray he be clear

I can agree with this.
(09-26-2013, 04:17 PM)IVSTINIVS Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 03:23 PM)Geremia Wrote: Let us pray he be clear
I can agree with this.

I second that!  :)

Holy Father desperately needs our prayers.
Tu es Petrus, et super hanc petram aedificabo Ecclesiam meam.

V. Fiat manus tua super virm dexterae tuae.
R. Et super filium hominis quem confirmasti tibi.

Oremus.

Deus, omnium fidelium pastor et rector, famulum tuum Franciscum quem pastorem Ecclesiae tuae pracesse voluisti, propitius respice, da ei, quaesumus, verbo et exemplo, quibus praeest proficere, ut ad vitam, una cum grege sibi credito, perve niat sempiternam. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.

(Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I shall build my Church.

V. May Thy hand be ever upon the man of Thy right hand.
R. And upon the son of man whom Thou hast confirmed unto thee.

Let us pray.

O God, the Shepherd and Ruler of all Thy faithful people, mercifully look upon Thy servant, Francis, whom Thou hast chosen as the chief Shepherd to reside over Thy Church; grant him, we beseech Thee, so to edify, both by word and example, those over whom he hath charge, that he may attain unto everlasting life, together with the flock committed unto him. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.)
Pope Francis has undermined Catholic Moralists. What do you all expect as the result?