Tell me about Catholicism in Peoria, Il. :)
I can't locate a TLM there.... Can someone tell me about Catholic culture in Peoria? Thanks
The Cathedral's Saturday Mass is usually a Latin Mass. Fairbury, IL always has a Latin Mass @ 11:00 Sundays (that's the one I go to, whenever I can). That's over an hour away from Peoria though. When I am at my computer, I will post some more :)
There is an SSPX boys school in Georgetown, IL but I doubt the campus is open to the general public since it's a private boarding school.  I'm not sure that it's within the Peoria diocese either.
Okay, got it :)

The closest Masses from Peoria, IL:

Saint Mary's Cathedral, Peoria:  Sat: 4:00 PM  (I just called to verify this for you.  I know some of the kids who altar serve that Mass.)
Saint Mary Parish,  Peru:  Mon: 5:30 PM.
Saint Valentine Parish, Peru: Sun: 12:00 noon
Saint Andrew Parish, Fairbury (used to be Saint John the Baptist, my closest TLM): Sun: 11:00 AM.

Next closest is Springfield, so getting up over an hour from where you are.

-Martin
I know a friend of mine who was from there and used to be a seminarian in the Institute of Christ the King.

He absolutely ADORES the conservative atmosphere in Peoria. He likes to joke around about how his home diocese was for awhile more traditional than mine during the post-Vatican II years.

I have a friend who converted to Catholicism in the Peoria diocese.
She says it's overall very orthodox, and that the OF Mass is even done reverently there.
Too bad she had to move down here to central Florida, though  :((
(09-28-2013, 10:08 PM)olorin12 Wrote: I have a friend who converted to Catholicism in the Peoria diocese.
She says it's overall very orthodox, and that the OF Mass is even done reverently there.
Too bad she had to move down here to central Florida, though  :((

I know who you are referring to. Yeah, it's a spiritual wasteland over there.
Thank you! Sounds wonderful. St. Mary's Cathedral is beautiful. Gods will be done if this is where we end up :)