Michael Voris vs. Mark Shea Debate Tonight

Re. the whole "preaching to the choir" stuff:  What Voris does is absolutely necessary, IMO. We are in a state of crisis -- big time -- and the people who are complicit in making that crisis or doing nothing about it when they're in a position to need to be brought to task.  And it's obvious that some "professional Catholic types" deny that there's a crisis at all, thereby perpetuating it.
LOL Clare! Not sure our piddly little debate meant that much!
(10-09-2013, 01:19 PM)maldon Wrote: I am glad that eponymous had some sort of account, but I would really like something more factual. The blogpost was very enjoyable, but mostly artistic, leaving the rest of us simply wondering what was actually said at key points.

I find it a little eerie that there has been silence since the debate.

Yep, and if you remember I told Augie he missed his era. He should have been a gossip columnist in the 40's and 50"s, like Walter Winchell or Hedda Hopper.

tim
(10-09-2013, 01:28 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Re. the whole "preaching to the choir" stuff:  What Voris does is absolutely necessary, IMO. We are in a state of crisis -- big time -- and the people who are complicit in making that crisis or doing nothing about it when they're in a position to need to be brought to task.  And it's obvious that some "professional Catholic types" deny that there's a crisis at all, thereby perpetuating it.

Exactly.

This is precisely why I, and many trads besides, have such a hard time finding the patients to deal the CAF and Mark Sheas of the world.
Nothing on Church Militant TV News, or the Vortex today. And nothing on Mark's site. Or Remnant Newspaper for that matter.

The silence is indeed strange. Hopefully those who were there will begin blogging about it (a bit more than what Eponymous Flower has, though I liked EF's post).

-Martin
I still don't get what the debate was about exactly.  What are the specfic differences in the positions they take on the current state of the Church?  ???

(10-09-2013, 01:57 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: I still don't get what the debate was about exactly.  What are the specfic differences in the positions they take on the current state of the Church?  ???

(10-09-2013, 01:19 PM)maldon Wrote: I am glad that eponymous had some sort of account, but I would really like something more factual. The blogpost was very enjoyable, but mostly artistic, leaving the rest of us simply wondering what was actually said at key points.

Agreed.  Hopefully some audio or video will surface soon. 
Another write up
"http://www.instatuviae.com/2013/10/the-voris-vs-shea-debate.html"
(10-09-2013, 05:09 PM)nmoerbeek Wrote: Another write up
"http://www.instatuviae.com/2013/10/the-voris-vs-shea-debate.html"

Thanks.